Unravel fantasies

Chapter 1

Waking up to the sun’s rays penetrating through my window, I turn around to block the light out my eyes. I succeeded but my alarm rang and I can hear my mom’s voice downstairs telling me to wake up. I groaned and look at the time. It read 7:16 A.M. I started getting up, stretched my body and rubbed off the sleep in my eyes. I walked towards to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth. I wore skinny jeans and a black tank top with my favorite sneakers. I got my luggage, looked at my room one more time and headed downstairs.

            “Morning, Mom” I greeted her. “Good Morning Tina” she smiled. I sat down on my chair and started eating breakfast. “You excited?” Mom asked. I looked at her and said “Not really. Just nervous since it’s my first time going to boarding school.” She patted my head and assured me “It’s not that bad. All you have to remember is be yourself. You got into this school because you wanted to take up Journalism and Photography, right?” I nod. I look at the watch again. It was already 7:37 A.M. Better get ready. Mom washed the dishes while I went to put my bags on the trunk of the car. Mom appeared on the front door and headed towards the car with her keys and bag. “Everything set?” she asked me one more time. I nod. And we drove towards Jensen University.

            As we approach the gates of the University, I try to calm myself. I breathe in and let it out. This is it. My mom stopped the car and looked at me. “Please, take care. Call me from time to time, okay?” “Yeah mom” I said and hugged her. We both got out, her getting my luggage and me, looking at the school. I was lost in thought until I feel her hand on my shoulder, squeezing me, reassuring me. I gave myself a pat on my back, took my luggage and headed straight the doors. I look at my mom one more time, waved at her and walked without looking back. If I do, I know I’ll be crying and not wanting to leave her side.

            I think I’m lost. I don’t know where I am. I am tired from walking, looking for the office. I was looking for someone, or trying to find my way back inside the building when I fell. “Kyaah!” I screamed. I fell on my front. I look around to see what made me fall and saw a pair of feet. I march up to him and when I was supposed to give him a piece of my mind, I stopped because he was sleeping. “Seriously?” I muttered. I observe the guy, he looks handsome. I was staring at him without realizing he was actually awake. “How long are you going to keep staring at me?” he asked. His voice is music to my ears. I looked away blushing. I hear him chuckle and that got me. Narcissistic bastard.