Chapter 1: NYC, Here I Come!

{ZOE'S POV}

"What a beautiful day is the St. Louis airport." Erynn scoffed, looking outside the rainy airport windows.

"You know it." I sighed and looked at my surroundings.

The airport was pretty dead. All I could see was some rich kids walking around, iPhones in hand of course, and some people sleeping in the extremely uncomfortable airport chairs. Nothing new. Erynn and I board our flight too NYC in about 30 minutes, so we are relaxing while we can. I've never flown before, so this was pretty nerve-wracking.

I put on my earbuds and turn on Spotify.
Of course, the first song that comes on is AJR. I literally have no other artist in my Spotify playlist. The brothers own my phone.

"Infinity" was the first song to come on. One of my favorites. I hummed along too the words. I know EVERY SINGLE WORD to EVERY SINGLE SONG. Nothing more, nothing less.

*25 MINUTES PASS*

Erynn and I were rushing through our security checks and shit. I'm so excited to go too NYC. It's been a dream of mine for a while. The main reason why I've always wanted to go is to meet AJR, of course, but the other reason was because NYC is such a pretty place. All those big buildings and such were always so appealing too me.
We finally made it through every security bag check thing, and we were heading into the plane.

"I'm scared." I said, starting too shake.
I have really bad anxiety, so plane rides weren't my strong suit.

"We'll be fine, Zo." Erynn assured me.

"I hope so." I sighed, entering the actual plane.

The plane itself was huge. Erynn and I walked around for a bit until we actually found our designated seats. We sat right by each other.
So many AJR songs had passed by now. I was already listening too the brother's newest album, "The Click", within 10 minutes.

Erynn and I settled in and waited for everyone to board the plane. After everyone was counted for, we took off.

I breathed hard, grabbing Erynn's hand. "Lord have mercy." I whispered, although I'm an atheist.

After that, I turned up my music and eventually dozed off.