New beginnings. (An IchiRuki Fanfict)

Author's note: OMG YAY! MY FIRST PUBLISHING LOL! Ok sorry it's not that good... I did this very quickly and I'm low on sleep :/ I shall be continuing it? c:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kurakara town never had looked so beautiful.

The Cherry Blossom trees were in bloom; the cool wind carrying their pink dip-dyed flowers past Rukia; some landing in her hair and others floating gently intune with the wind's current.

Her gaze deepened. Ignoring the strands of hair that would find their way on her cheeks, and her hakama pushing and rubbing against her legs so that they would itch. Nothing else mattered now. Except this last view of Kurakara Town. From that same spot. From that one day. When she met him. When she met ...

--

"ICHIGO!"

The oranged-haired boy looked back, annoyed. "What is it?"

Rukia ran up to him, her book bag slipping from her shoulder and her hair dripping water down her uniform. "Didn't I tell you to wait for me by the gate?"

He turned and started walking, stretching his arms, Rukia beside him. "Didn't I tell you to hurry up?"

Rukia huffed. She found him to be so much more relaxed nowadays. With all the hollows barely being a problem anymore and Aizen now defeated, the work of a shinigami has been fairly slow.

"You shouldn't rush a girl."

Rukia reached for her phone as Ichigo relaxed in to a holiday-like position, with hands supporting the back of his head and chest raised high.

Their footsteps on the sidewalk made a loud tapping sound in the quiet neighbourhood. Though it was a school day, most kids took the train or bus to school. Ichigo wondered why there hadn't been as many cars as usual on the streets.

"We're going to be late for school." Rukia's calm voice broke the silence. She kept glancing down at her phone while Ichigo's brain processed what she had said to him.

Sudden realisation struck him.

"Ah! Damn it! I'd better run! Sensei will give me another detention if I'm late once more..!" He awaited Rukia's approval to go ahead of her.

Still glancing at her phone, she stopped and pointed ahead.

"Thanks Rukia! See you later!"

She peaked above her phone and saw him dash ahead. Up the hill and out of sight. She sighed; her warm breath making a cloud in the cold air and with a final glance, turned to Urahara's shop.