Peacefully Gone (A Jawyer Short)

••Sawyer's POV••

Someone's life had left, right in my eyes. Seeming so peaceful, so happy at the particular moment. He had awaited death. He seemed to enjoy it, as his legs, arms, everything, went completely numb. They had left hell.

But, he loved me. He loved me too much to leave painfully. So, before he left my sight, I sing. I sing him the song he loved passionately. We'd sing to this song in the car. The song that somehow explained both of our feelings.

I will always remember every detail of his death and everything before it...

It was a rainy day in Los Angeles. Joey loved the rain. He loved the drips of water coming from the solid roof. He'd go outside at times to play in the wet forming puddles.

Today, he wasn't doing anything in particular with the rain. All he did was open up the window and curtains, then hear the soft drips of the rain falling onto the pavements nearby. He was sick, unfortuneatly. Very sick. He'd cough violently, sometimes spitting out blood. He'd tell me that he ached in his lower abdomen, that the pain was just so unbearable. I tell him to calm down and I lay next to him, holding him tightly in my arms. He'd still cough, but he relaxed a bit, making me smile.

"It'll be okay." I reassure him, smoothing his hair. Beads of sweat fall down Joey's forehead as he shakes in my arms.

"I-It hurts, Sawyer." He whispers, his face full of pain. I begin to worry. What kind of pain is he going through? Is it really bad?

"Do you want to go to the hospital?" I ask him, staying calm. He nods, tears pouring down his cheeks. I wipe off his tears with the back of my hand. "It's okay, baby. It's okay. You'll be fine." He cries some more. I decide to cradle him a bit longer as he clutches his stomach tightly.

I changed him earlier into a black top and gray sweatpants. He refused to wear skinny jeans in such horrid conditions.

I pick him up -bridal style- off the bed. As I carry him to the car, his heart beat that is close to mine, beats faster than I could count. It worries me, a lot.

I open the passenger door in the back with my foot and lay Joey down. He groans, continuing to clutch his stomach. I feel so horribly bad for him. He needs immediate attention from a doctor.

I get in the driver's seat, inserting the key into the ignition. I turn it in a fast motion. I put one hand on the steering wheel and look back at Joey. His eyes are beginning to close.

"Joey," I begin. "Joey, baby, stay awake." I tell him. All he does is groan. Tears fall onto the leather seat and I know it's getting even worser. I go backwards and out the driveway quickly.

We arrive at the hospital minutes later. I think I could've gotten a ticket on speeding. But, this is an emergency. It had to be done.

I take Joey out of the car, carrying him once again. He brings himself closer to me, silently in tears.

"Sawyer.." He groans. I pat his back and begin to jog over to the Emergency Care area.

"I need help!" I call out in the Emergency Care lobby. The receptionist sees the conditions of Joey and goes into action. She brings a wheelchair and I set Joey down on it. She rushes over to her desk and calls someone down, constantly glancing at Joey. He's slumped in the wheelchair, now.

In a quick flash, two doctors bursts from a door that says Emergency rooms. They take him from behind the wheelchair and pull him to where they came from. My heart beats as I see Joey fading away. I know I can't go in there. I sigh deeply, the feelings finally getting to me after the hectic happening.