The Big News

I saw the Emoji Movie in the internet, and it was funny. I watched the movie over and over again, until I have an idea. I decided to make a fanfic of this movie so it will make more interesting and emotional than the movie. I like Gene, Hi-5 and Jailbreak, and their adventure together. I also like Mel and Mary Meh. I described them as Gene's great parents.

This is my first Emoji fanfic. I hope you'll like it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been few days after Gene's heroism in Textopolis, but everybody still treated him normally like the other emojis. He was so proud of himself that he finally knew his purpose, having great friends, his parents loved and believed him, and he's known to be one of the most popular emojis. Everytime Alex wanted to send an emoji, it was always been Gene. But there are times that Gene doesn't want to be picked all time. He wanted to give chance to the other emojis, like Hi-5, his parents, and everyone else. During his break or free day, Gene always hang-out with Hi-5 and Jailbreak, even outside Textopolis for more adventures while his father fills in for him since they both have the same condition. Everything's gone smoothly these days in Textopolis, except there's one problem. Since Smiler got kicked out and no longer the supervisor of the Text Center, the company needed someone to replace Smiler as the new supervisor, but nobody volunteered to, so the company set up an election of voting for the new supervisor.

One day, Gene walked the streets from his apartment to go off to work. While strolling along happily, some emojis greeted him, especially those emojis who were sad, angry, laughing, disgust, etc, but Gene didn't mind as he knew that everyone has only one emotion.

Just then, Hi-5 patted him playfully on the back. "Hey, Gene!"

"Oh, hi Hi-5." Gene greeted as he hi-fived him by the thumb.

"So have you heard of the news?"

"What news?"

"Didn't you know? The Textopolis sets up an election of whoever could be the new supervisor of the Text Center."

"Wow, I wonder who could be the lucky emoji."

"I bet it was you."

"Me? Why me?"

"You're the hero, Gene, and you have more than one emotion. It's a perfect role for you as the new leader."

Gene felt uncomfortable. "Yeah, but I only wanted to work in the cube, not being the leader."

"Why are you not seemed so happy about it?" The hand asked. "You're going to be the most important emoji of all."

"I already am, Hi-5!"

"But, you will make many decisions for the company."

When they almost crossed the street, the two friends saw Clock Emoji, which the time was almost 8:30am.

"It's that the time?" Gene gasped.

"Hey, my eyes are up here." Clock Emoji pointed his eyes, and glared at them.

Ignoring the clock, Gene jumped to grab the balloon string. "Quick, hold on." He said to his friend as Hi-5 jumped up so Gene can grab one of his fingers.

The balloon lifted the two emojis all the way to the Text Center. Gen and Hi-5 landed safely on the ground when Gene let go of the balloon string. When they were about to march towards the door, they were encountered by their princess friends.

"Gene! Hi-5!" Jailbreak exclaimed.

"Hey Jailbreak." Gene hi-fived her.

"So, have you heard the news?" She asked.

"He hasn't until I told him." Hi-5 chuckled.

"Well, that was unexpected for you, huh, Gene?"

"Yep, it was a surprise." Gene said.

The door automatically opened as the three friends entered, and many emojis charged at them, which they drew their attention to Gene and asked him about the election if he ever got nominated. Gene, Hi-5, and Jaibreak tried to get out of the crowd, but they were stuck, until two pairs of hands grabbed them, and lured them away from the crowd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three emojis were taken to the men's comfort room and a wet-floor sign was placed in front of the door. They were dropped on the floor, and rubbed their heads in pain.

Gene opened his eyes, seeing the two emojis who helped him and his friends got out from the crowd. "Mom? Dad?"

"Are you okay, sweetie?" Mary Meh asked in worry, still in monotone voice.

Gene didn't answer as he immediately stood up and rushed to hug his parents. "I'm so glad you two are here, and thanks for helping us back there."

"Are you here for the nomination, Mr. and Mrs. Meh?" Hi-5 asked."

"Oh, we don't want to miss it if ever Gene will get nominate." Mel Meh said. "I hope there's someone to nominate our son as the new supervisor of Text Center."

"I'll nominate him!" Hi-5 raised himself.

"Hi-5!" Gene felt embarrassed, then he turned to his parents. "Mom, Dad, I don't think I'm fit for this."

"Don't be silly, son." His father took a few steps forward to his son. "You're a very well-used emoji, and you're the hero. You should be the new supervisor."

"With all due respect, Mr. Meh," Jailbreak interjected. "There will be a nomination before Gene gets to be the supervisor. He only worked here for few days, so we're not sure if he could be the winner of the election."

Mel nodded in agreement. "Very well, Princess." Then, he turned to Gene before he and Mary headed towards the door. "I'll see you later, son."

"Good luck, Gene." Mary said as she and her husband exited the room.

When his parents left, Gene wasn't really comfortable of becoming the future supervisor and everyone expected him to be like that, especially his parents. He wanted his parents and friends to be happy for him, but he felt that something's not right.

"Gene, are you okay?" Jailbreak asked in curiosity. "Why are you not excited for this?"

"Jailbreak, my only dream was to be in the cube, not all of it to myself." Gene said.

"Who said you're going to?' She chuckled. "Gene, you're going to be a perfect leader if you gave yourself a chance. Besides, everybody likes you now. Nobody called you a freak or weird anymore. Is that what you want?"

"Yes, but this is too much."

"But you will going to be one of the fame emojis!" Hi-5 exclaimed excitingly. "You will have your own portrait when you walk in and out of the meeting room."

"Yeah, I mean, your dad has one too." The princess added. "He was once worked here. He was the famous meh emoji before he got retired."

Gene just stood there silent, speechless that Jailbreak mentioned about his dad.

"Well, we better go now, Gene." Jaibreak broke the silence. "We don't wanna be late."

"Are you coming?" Hi-5 asked.

"Just go. I'll catch up." Gene smiled as his two friends moved out of the room. When he was now alone, Gene looked at the mirror and made different emotions on his face. His parents and friends are right. He was meant to be the supervisor because of his multiple expressions, but he'd never dream of this and he wanted to stay out of this. Just then, he realized something. He isn't the only one who has this condition as he has an idea. "You just gave me an idea, Jailbreak." He thought as he got out of the men's room and put the wet-floor sign aside