The Beginning of the End

My mother always told me to stop complaining and enjoy life, but who can I tell my problems to now? My father always tried to get me to go swimming. I never went, but now I wish I did. My brother would promise things he couldn't keep, like he'd always be there for me. And my sister... well she was never home

*****

I'm only sixteen but the thought of suicide always remained in my head and would never leave. Today I just have a better reason to go through with it. Today is the day my life went from bad to worse. Today is the day where I lost everything. Today is the day my family died. They were my everything although I felt like nothing around them. This day has given me a reason to end my life.

Moments from now I'll be standing on top one of the tallest building in New York. The Empire State Building to be exact, 102 stories high. The crash happened at 7:56; the same time I was born and the same time I'll jump. I saw this as a sign, I needed to join them. I couldn't live without them, this was my only choice. Right now I'm in the elevator on my way up to the roof, the very top. Lucky no one is in the elevator with me, otherwise this suicide mission would be much harder.

After I'm dead people might think that I only killed myself for attention, some might think I was being 'extra' for jumping off a roof. As much as I would love the attention I never got, the reason I choice this way to die because it has the best view of New York, the whole city seen from the top of this one building. I've reached the top. The view is amazing and I'm not even standing on the ledge yet.

Every step I take closer to the ledge my heart beats a little bit faster. One foot on the ledge, reaching towards the sky. I can feel their presence, they're calling out to me. I take one last look at New York. Such a beautiful place it is. Every light in the city is lit, no streets are empty, it's never silent in New York.

I look down and some people start to notice me. Both feet are on the ledge, I'm on my tippy-toes breathing in New York one last time. I smile down at those people on the ground. They seemed so worried for me, but they shouldn't. Right now I'm in a happy place, leaning off the edge of this building. I close my eyes and see my parents smiling at my, telling my to go towards them. I lift one foot up ready to fly, but one word pierces through my ears.

"WAIT!"