Prologue

"NO, JIMMY! I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! ALL YOU DO EVERY FUCKING SINGLE DAY IS GO OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS, GET DRUNK AND HIGH AND THEN YOU COME HOME BY DAWN. NO! THAT'S NOT WAY OF LIVING! THAT'S NOT THE PERSON I ACCEPTED TO MARRY! THIS IS NOT THE PERSON I FELL IN LOVE WITH! THIS IS JUST NOT..." Gloria yelled while she aggressively packed her clothes. Her eyes were wet, her face was washed by the tears rolling down her rosy cheeks. "This is just not right." she continued.

"But baby, look. Look at what we've built together!"

"What? WE BUILT WHAT, JIMMY? APART OF THIS...." she looked around her with disgust. "THIS MISERABLE HOUSE OF OURS? LOOK AT THIS PLACE! IT LOOKS LIKE THERE'S BEEN A WAR IN HERE!" And she was right. The floor was used as a massive ashtray and on every single piece of furniture were laying empty beer or whiskey bottles. "Goodbye, Jimmy." she said with an even tone.

"Babe, don't do this! Wanna know why? 'Cause you're gonna... YOU'RE GONNA REGRET THIS! AND I AM GONNA REGRET THIS! BABE, WE ARE ALL GOING TO REGRET THIS!"

"I said goodbye, Jimmy!"

And then she left the house. She left Jimmy, her past and a bit of her soul there. She knew it won't be easy to leave Detroit and go start a new life somewhere new. But she knew she was ready.