The Kidnapping

Mysterion's cloak flutters gently in the wind, the cold December air chilling him ever so slightly. The super hero was perched on top of a building, watching as cars pass slowly and children come ever so often.

The cloaked vigilante had only one reason to survey the town today. The answer was in his hand, his fist gripping it tightly.

It was a note, given to him by the police officers at his local police station. They didn't explain much, only that it was sent to them to be given to him.

He wasn't quite sure if it was laced with something, so he had the professionals open it for him.

The note consisted of multiple puzzles in order to unlock the true meaning of what is being said. Some was in Morse code, some was in modern riddles, even ancient ones.

It took him an hour or two, but he finally unlocked the meaning of what was said.

'Dear Mysterion,' it read in bold black letters, 'I have sent this note to the police so they could give it to you personally. We have a dear friend of yours trapped in an abandoned building. Think you can find them before we kill them?

You have 24 hours.
If you don't find them by then, they're dead.'

The rest was in the code, obviously so they could waste what little time he already had.

Now, he had to find the abandoned building. He wasn't sure who it was exactly, or who had his friend trapped, but he would find them nonetheless. Unless it was Cartman.

Besides, if they killed him he would just come back. Even then, however, he would come back the next day. He doesn't have time for his immortality issues.

Heaving a rather heavy sigh, he leaned back. He recalled many of the abandoned buildings surrounding the area, coming to the the amount of seven.

Five of the seven were located closer to where he was, the last two a bit of a trip away.

He decides that it's likely one of the closer ones, knowing that the people or person who kidnapped his friend likely wants him to think that they took him far away.

With that in mind, he hops to the ground safely, racing through the streets to the abandoned building down the block.

It used to be a bar, but it was abandoned a couple years back when the owners of the place suddenly disappeared without a trace.

He and his friends liked to make up ghost stories about the place, thinking up theories that it could be haunted.

If this was any other situation, a cheap thrill would shudder through his body, but knowing that someone he cares about could be likely killed in the next twenty-two hours frightened him to no end.

He slams the bar doors opened, surprised to see a light on in the back. A boy with a bag of drugs in his hand jumps in surprise at the noise, likely suspecting him of being a cop or his parents at the abrupt sound.

The kid seems innocent enough, but he knows by now not to trust appearances.

Walking up to him in frightening strides, he slams his hands on the table he sat at, watching as a bag of weed falls off, its contents spilling onto the floor.

The kid seems like he's about to lose it, his brown eyes widening in fear.

"W-what do you want buddy? I-I'm not hurting anyone! Promise!" His body shakes with contained emotions, pulling onto his black hat to contain it further.

Mysterion clears his throat, his deep menacing voice coming out in waves. "Have you seen anyone come around here with a kidnapped kid?"

The kid seems rather taken aback by the question, pausing to consider it nonetheless.