Introduction

A large black wolf stood tall on a rocky ledge. The wind ruffled his thick fur and his muscles rippled underneath his pelt as he paced along the edge. The large brute stopped and curled his upper lip. 

"May I help you?" He snapped sharply and pricked his ears.

"Your pacing," A voice replied and a small, lean tan she-wolf slipped out of the bushes. "Nervous, angry or both?" 

"That is none of your concern." He growled angrily and lashed his bushy tail. 

"Alpha Night," She dipped her head but remained defiant. "It is my concern."

Alpha Night let out a huff. "You are under my command, Beta Mica." He turned and glared at her. "I will tell you what you should be concerned about."

Beta Mica frowned. "I assume what you're worried about is the Race?"

Alpha Night inhaled sharply. 

"I am right," Beta Mica said with a small smirk. "Why are you?"

Alpha Night gave up hope trying to get rid of her. "The Trainees this year are...." He paused searching for a word. "Strange?"

Beta Mica cocked her head slightly. "Aren't they always strange?"

"No," He replied swiftly. "Not this kind of strange. They are too defiant and kind." 

"I should knock some sense into them," Beta Mica sat upright abruptly.

"No." Alpha Night growled. "Let them suffer through the Race." He stood and stretched his muscles.

She nodded and started down the ledge towards the pack. Alpha Night stayed on the ledge, gazing over his pack. Pride flowed through his veins as he watched his Beta Mica shout orders, the pups rip up moss balls and his warriors listen and head out in patrols. However, when his eyes trailed over the Trainee's his eyes narrowed. The black and white speckled Trainee gazed up at him their eyes locking. The Trainee's gaze reminded Alpha Night of himself when he was a Trainee. 

Alpha Night stood and leaped down the rocky ledge. He could feel the Trainee's gaze on hid pelt all the way down. The male slipped into his den and laid down. He hoped the Race would help teach the Trainee's some manners. Alpha Night slowly closed his eyes and rested the sound of Beta Mica ordering wolves around lulled him to sleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you liked the Intro! I (Nettle) Will be writing this one by myself. It was and idea I have been thinking about for a while.

393 worddddddsss.

Annnnnnnnnnd Nettle OUT!!!! <3