Chapter 1

'The lost castle had been in the sky for as long as anyone could remember. At first it had caused panic when the castle had first appeared, but as time passed by, the unusual seemed to turn into the ordinary. Countless explorers had endeavoured to enter the lost castle, to discover the untold secrets about the mysterious lost castle but all had failed.' I listened eagerly, my curiosity nearly bursting out of my tiny body. 'I will be the first to ever discover the secrets of the lost castle!' declared my grandfather. My tiny hands clapped with excitement when he had finished. 'Yay! Grandpa will be the first to go to the lost castle!' My grandpa rested his plump warm hand on my head, 'Yes, my darling Historia, yes I will,' he murmured ever so softly into my ear as he pulled me into a tight hug, 'If anything happens to me, I want you to grow up from a ten year old girl to the person who will fulfil my dream.' I squirmed out of my grandfather's hold. 'Yes grandpa! But before that, I have to get to school or I'll be late! See you after school!'
'Bye!' he shouts as he waves to my back as I rush out of his room,'I'll be waiting when you come back from school!'
——————————
That had been the first time I had heard of the Lost Castle, ever since, I had been intrigued by the idea of how the castle could simply float in thin air, or what it was that stopped others from infiltrating the Lost Castle. My grandfather was my inspiration, who I strived to be, but with his old age, we both knew it wouldn't be soon before Death came to claim his life.

10 years later...
I pressed the door bell with my finger, a crisp ding dong traveling through the air. It had been awhile since I had visited him. I feel as if age has grown us apart as when I was younger, my parents always left me in my Grandfather's care to travel the world for their business. I was only answered by silence, no running footsteps gradually getting closer and louder; only silence. Had something happened? Was he out? Suddenly, the window from my Grandpa's room smashed open, glass raining down like hail. A figure in a dark cloak jumped out, his face hidden by hood pulled low on his face. He breaks into a quick sprint and not before long he was gone. I grabbed the spare key from under the 'Welcome home' doormat and pushed open the door. Why was a strange man in his house? What does he want from him? I gripped the door handle, the coolness of the metal met my hand, my knuckles turning white, I pushed the door open.

There lay my grandfather's lifeless body surrounded a pool of scarlet liquid. His clothes stained crimson from his own blood. A bloodied knife was stuck in his chest, the blade completely hidden in his flesh. His desk had been rummaged through, the drawers torn wide open. I cover my face my face with my trembling as a blood curdling scream escaped from my lungs.

It was all too much for a ten year old to process.

He was gone.

He had left me alone; alone to unravel the secrets of the Lost Castle.

Author Note:
I hope everyone enjoys my new book and if you have an suggestions please comment. And if you like it please vote for the chapter. Enjoy! (^∇^)