Then Came You

Then Came You

Title from a book by Lisa Kleypas

"Shivaay." Anika gently shakes him to wake him up.

"Hmmm... Anika..." Shivaay softly mumbles as he struggled to open his eyes.

"It is time to take your medicine. Get up." Anika tells him as she tried to help him to sit up.

"How is your headache?" Anika asks him as she handed him his pill and checked his temperature.

"Bad." Shivaay mumbles as he put the pill in his mouth and then took the glass Anika offered him.

"I'll take you to the doctor?" Anika asks him worriedly.

"It is just a viral fever, Anika." Shivaay tells her as he hugged her and rested his head on her neck. "Stop worrying so much. I am fine."

"But still, Shivaay..."

"Doctor checked me twice."

"But..." Anika helplessly says worriedly.

"I am fine, Anika."

"Okay... you sleep." Anika tells him as she eased him on the bed. Making sure his blanket was properly covering him, she quietly leaves the room.

Anika closes the bedroom door and dials Omkara's number.

"Hello, Anika." Om answers the call.

"Om, his fever hasn't come down."

"Doctor did say it would take a day or two, right?"

"Yes, but... I am worried, Om. He doesn't want to go to the doctor."

"He doesn't like being poked around, and he did see the doctor for you twice, right?"

"I am worried about his heart."

"Relax, Anika... I spoke to the doctor. Even you did. His fever will not affect his heart condition. He is perfectly safe. Let him take the much-needed rest in peace."

"Hmmm."

"Call me if you need anything." Om tells her before hanging up.

At night, Anika sat by his side and keeps the clothe over his forehead.

"You should sleep." Shivaay tells her through half droopy eyes.

"I'll."

"You look too tired, Anika."

"I'm fine, Shivaay. It is you, who is sick."

"You haven't left my side since I got fever."

"I'm fine." Anika tells him as she dipped the clothe in water and then squeezed out the excess water.

Shivaay smiles as he lovingly caressed her face. "Nothing is going to happen to me."

"I know."

"My heart is not so weak."

"I don't like you joking about that."

Shivaay smiles, "I love you... SHIT!"

"What? what is it?" Anika asks panicking.

"What is the date?" Shivaay asks frowning. "I can't remember. I've been sleeping off, I can't make out which day is this."

"8th."

"Shit!"

"What happened?"

Shivaay tries to sit up. "My head feels so heavy. I can't lift my head."