Chapter 1: where to begin

2016. Byron Polan (real name) tries out creative writing, after enjoying writing from a young age. A friend of mine, shows me Wattpad. By 2017, I have entered the Wattys with 2 stories.

But before that... Zero Confidence reigned supreme. I was in maths, with my friend and we were mucking around with a pen. Taking it apartand calling it the sword of Scrubbage. We then made a character... Right Angle, but writing right in that style was weird so we made it Wright. This then lead to a backstory. A previous holder of the sword. And thus, we had a prologue.*
We eventually decided that a journey cannot be done alone, a friend, Joe Bo. Full name, Joseph Bonnaparte. That seemed good, a little comical relief but provides an extra set of hands when things get tough. But although I did a good job, self doubt crept in of 'what do I think? I feel like the laughing stock of Wattpad!' Self doubt felt bad and crept in more and more, to the point where I was about ready to give up.

That is when I hit double digits, it was cool, but still self doubt approached me and offered me a chance. It said, 'its pity reading, you're not good' to the point I felt like a meme.

But self doubt was slowly loosening when we, when I say we I mean everyone that helped me do this, hit triple digits

But self doubt was slowly loosening when we, when I say we I mean everyone that helped me do this, hit triple digits. And I thought positive, for a while, then people, my step-brother (a total jerk) said, 'Byronite sounds lame, your book is just stereotypes personified. This book is terrible, you are terrible.' I realised he has never even heard of my book, it's something I keep secret, except from friends. But one friend who noticed these feelings were other me. The one who helped me. He worked on the second book he thought of, and second watty entry, 'end my suffering.' Thats another story, literally. I think that is enough for now.

If you enjoyed this, a follow wouldn't go amiss, please feel free to let me know your thoughts and feelings, I always like to listen.