The Last Immortal

Acknowledgements

This would not have been possible if not for select people who deserve an honorable mention, Friends egging me on, and anyone willing to put up with me going on about this book. Also I must acknowledge my friend Gabriella, for being a wealth of information, and getting back to me as soon as she could. I also must acknowledge my editor Chris although the story was good he was right it needed more, but most important of all I’d like to thank everyone in this book.

The Last Immortal

I sing your song of ages oh death

Your cold grip shudders my very breath

Woe to any soul he reaps

For in those bony fingers it keeps

Immortals have no such fear of death

They know nothing of that wondrous final breath

They must exist for eternity solitary

For only one was this contrary

For his fate he was to begin

A new generation of heroes to win-

To fight against demons and perils for ages

You’ll find his story within these pages.

This is a work of fiction.

All of the characters, organizations, and events portrayed in this novel are either products of the authors imagination, or are used fictitiously

Foreword

You think you’re tough? You think that you are a badass? I can sincerely tell you that you’re not.

I am the biggest badass.

Iam tough.

Iam what keeps your biggest fears from offing you while you sleep. I am the last Immortal, the last demon-hunter of mankind, and to your eyes I’m only 17, but I’ve lived.

Oh how I’ve lived…

The descriptions that are given are purposefully vague this way I protect the Immortal relics, and my friends from any demons that read this. They are also this way so that an errant reader does not try to replicate any of the scenes depicted. YOU CANNOT DO IT ITS IMPOSSIBLE!!

Prologue

A boy of 16 stands, the cold snow whipping around him, the harsh winds bite at his hands the six pack of sprite cans knock against his knees.

Sprite the only acceptable offering.

He knocks on the door.

“Come in” says a gruff voice.

The boy enters.

The room is dark, the only light, and the gentle glow of a cigarette in the mouth of the silhouette he had come to meet.

The boy searches for a light switch in order to see, when he notices a red dot on his chest; his hand is on the light switch when the shadow speaks.

“Turn on that light, and that red dot becomes a hole in your head boy.”

The boy takes his hand off the switch, and steps away from it.

“Have you the offering?” asks the silhouette.

“Yeah” the boy croaks fearful.

“Bring it over here” the figure commands.

The boy steps closer, and begins to put down the pack of sprite.