Prologue

I looked at the clock and starting to panic.
It's almost 5:00 pm and my class isn't done yet.

My ghad. Yuku na pu. I'm goin' to be effin' lateeee!

"Psst." I looked at the most annoying guy beside me.

"What?" I mouthed.

"Ang pangit mo, what's with the face?" Nagsalita ang gwapo. Ew.

"Gagi, malelate nako" last 10 minutes gosh.

"Late? Tanga, pauwi na nga tayo saan ka ba malelate?" He asked.

"Just shut up. I thought this meeting will just be 2 hours. Bat 3 and a half na?!" Kabugnot 'tong echoserang nasa harap namin ha.

"Idk, epal 'yang si Ms. Buenavidez" idk? Ay oh. Text lang?

"So everyone that's all. See you at the first day of school." Then Ms. Buenavidez dismissed us.

Atlast! Omy. Late na talaga ako.

"Hey, ba't parang di ka mapakali?" He asked me again.

"Can't talk right now. Got to go, see u at first day!" Then I ran through the door.

"Hey princess where you goin'?" Someone asked. I think that's one of our friends.

I didnt bothered to look at him because i'm in a hurry

"Talk to u guys soon!" Then i swish

I got into the jeepney and pay the fare.

Juskolord pagagalitan ako ni Mama.

In a few minutes. Mga 15 mins siguro because natraffic pa ako, nakarating na din ako sa company where Mama works.

"Good Evening Ma'am Venice, kanina pa po kayo iniintay ni Ma'am Cassandra sa office niya" sabi saakin nung girl sa lobby.

"Oh, thanks" then i got into the elevator and clicked the button, 13th floor.

My hands were trembling. I'm in big trouble. Oh no.

As soon as I reached that Office, I took a sign of the cross before I knocked.

Oh diba, sobrang kabado.

"Come in," as soon as I heard her sayin' that, I opened the door.

I saw a very fine and successful woman, sitting gracefully and doing her paper works.

"Uh, ma?"

"Oh, Venice. You were late." She said.

"Yeah, I'm very sorry. Our meeting ended up late. I'm sorry." I said, nakayuko ako habang sinasabi ko ang mga katagang iyon.

"Fine, have a sit I'm going to talk to you."

Sumunod ako sa sinabi niya.

"Now, you've been living with me for like a month now. I've already talked to your parents about living with us. Me and you Papa, as you second parents thought of something that will help you and your parents. Papag-aralin ka namin, we will give you your allowance, and everything. But you'll work at our company." She said.

"Oh thanks for that ma, thankyou i reallt do. But are you sure na magtatrabaho po ako sa company niyo? Baka po di ko kayanin?" I said.

"I trust you. We will give you training. I know you can. Remember, ang sahod na makukuha mo dito ay bukod pa ang allowance mo, and you'll be able to help you parents and you little brother with their financial needs." She said.

I thought of it twice. Yes, 'yon naman talaga ang gusto kong mangyari kaya ako nasakanila na. Hindi ko sila totoong magulang, but they treated me as their own child. They're so kind and generous to help me and my family. So I said yes to their offer. Wala namang masa kung tutulungan ko pabalik ang mga tumulong saakin diba?