The 6th Paper Crane

Green,orange, yellow, blue, pink
    First five colors of paper cranes i folded for her. I always left them on her desk secretly. One day, when i was about to go home, she called me back into her room, she was arranging the cranes on her bookshelf. This angel turned back to meet my eyes, she smiled and asked me ‘Why you never leave me a red one?’, it took me all of my strength not to tell her ‘Because i can’t tell you that i’m in love with you’. Instead of answering, i took out a piece of paper and started folding a another paper crane, this time it was lavender. If there is word to describe her, it’ll be ethereal. Extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world. If only she knew that this color symbolizes for love at first sight and royalty. I could feel her staring at me and my heart started beating uncontrollably. I silently walked toward her with my head down so i wouldn’t have to make eye contact. After putting the crane on her bookshelf, i turned to leave but before i could make it to the door, she beat me to it. I was confused why she didn’t let me go. She closed the gap between us with a kiss that caught me off guard. It didn’t take long for me to melt against her. She broke the kiss because she couldn’t stop smiling, 'What’s so funny?’, i asked. 'You really think i don’t know you are the one that leave me all these colorful paper cranes? And i don’t know that you love me? You are underestimating me, you silly.’ Then i noticed she was holding something in her right hand. Suddenly, in front of my eyes, a red paper crane appeared with a line on its wing 'I love you too.’

At that moment, i really felt like i was truly living, and my heart was beating without being scared of getting another scar. She loves me, guess that my wish came true.

She’s finally mine, forever and always.

P/s: Thanks for reading my story. Feel free to ask me questions, I'd love to hear opinions from u guys- Alice :)