The Seventh Seal

A flash of light woke me in the middle of the night. My first thought was magi. It was the easiest thing to think of on short notice. That meant the Shadow Brigade had finally found me. It was time to move on.

My name is Isaac Winters. I am the seventh seal that keeps my land safe. The other six are either dead or captured. They just need me to set loose the demon that brought terror upon the land of Anaris just 20 years ago.

I had no time to organize my belongings for y journey. All I grabbed was an old weather-stained black cloak and my sword. I would have to buy supplies in Dain. I stepped into the night to a strong wind that blew my hair about.

A bolt of fire flew over my head as I ran into the woods close by. It set a tree ablaze. soon more would join it. Setting a magic shield about myself I disappeared into the thick tree's. There would be no sleep tonight

The morning found me stumbling along an old path. I would need to sleep soon. Coming to a clearing I sighed. I could finally rest. Stumbling back into the woods I set magic traps all around the area of the clearing. Now I took the time to look around the clearing. There was a small stream passing through it. I cupped my hands and drank my fill. Then I gathered leaves from nearby bushes and tree's to make my bed. I fell asleep thinking I was far enough ahead.

Shouts woe me. "There are traps here, he must be close!" The sun was going down now. I guessed I had gotten seven hours of sleep. The village could not be tat far. Then I could buy supplies and maybe a horse.  It was dawn when I arrived in the village. The noise of people was already in the air. The day had started here. I went from shop to shop looking for supplies. In the end I had bought a wineskin to keep water in and enough food to last me a week.

Now it was time to find a horse. It would probably be difficult. As it turned out there was only one for sale here. It looked well. A brown steed with bright eyes. I paid two gold coins and fifteen silver for it. I hoped that it would be worth it. Loading the baggage on it and climbing on I continued my journey. Tonight I would be able to sleep again.

I stopped at mid-day for a small lunch of bread and cheese. Birds were singing in the tree's above me. It was a quick lunch before I moved on, I didn't stop again until night was about me. A quick supper was taken before I went to sleep.

A small crack of a twig woke me in the middle of the night. I was under attack. Jumping up quickly I drew my sword. Ten men in blck robes were about me. Bolts of magic were thrown towards me. My shiedld did most of the work while I sent a flare of fire at five of them. Only one was caught within the blaze, he was burned to ashes in seconds. Now they knew that I could use magic. I moved forward and stabbed my sword through the stomach of another. Leaving it I turned just in time t get struck in the arm with a slash of wind. I felt a sharp pain as it sheared off some of my skin. There was no time for me to fight the eight that remained. With a flash of light I blinded the and with that time I jumped onto my horse and rode off. One last bolt of magic caught my side and burned me. I had a friend near here with a hidden home though, he would be able to heal me.