Chapter I: First Meeting

In the Fusion dimension of Academia, an eight-year-old boy, who goes by the name of Yuri, was sitting on a bench, absentmindedly kicking his feet in complete boredom. He couldn't help, but let out a sigh. Ever since he came to Academia from his orphan home, he spends most of his time improving his dueling skills. But, because of this, many students became afraid of him. His only friend was Starve Venom Fusion Dragon, his ace monster, he always uses it every chance he gets, but it later became something people fear, not only from the looks but it incredible effects and stats as well.

Yuri groaned, knowing no one would come up to him and challenge him. So, he got off the bench, and walk off.

As he was walking through the courtyard, he suddenly stopped when he saw something that caught his interest from the other kid's duel and decided to watch it.

The two opponents are kids who're around the same age as him. One of them was a boy with spiky black hair and grayish-blue eyes who acts very cocky and was about to win the duel.

However, Yuri seems more interested in the girl with a yellow ribbon on her head and emerald green eyes. Even though she's about to lose, he couldn't help, but feel drawn to her, almost like he's being pulled in by a strong force, but yet at the same time, resisting it.

Yuri stares at the girl's emerald green eyes, '...who is she?'

Yuri snapped his thoughts when he notices the duel was over. He then saw the boy walking towards the girl with a smug look on his face.

"I won Serena, now hand over your Moonlight Cat Dancer!" The boy says as he held out his hand towards her.

The girl named Serena glared, "No way! You cheated!"

"Hah! You just won't admit that I beat you!" The boy laughed as he snatched Moonlight Cat Dancer out of Serena's hand.

Serena gasped before giving him an angry glare, "Give back Cat Dancer, you cheating bastard!"

She raised her fist, ready to punch the living daylight out of him when suddenly she got held down by the boy's friends. Serena got aggressive and practically started kicking and screaming in complete anger.

"Don't worry I'll take good care of it." The boy grinned before he accidentally dropped the card to the ground, "Oops! My bad."

Suddenly, the boy stomps on the card as if it was nothing, but trash, causing Serena to gasp in horror while Yuri flinches before a frown appeared on his face.

"Cat Dancer! You bastard! Come over here, so I can punch the living daylights out of you!" Serena shouted in complete anger as she struggles to get out of the boy's friends grip.

"Stop whining, it just a dumb old card. It not like the monsters has feelings or anything." The boy scoffs as he picks the dumb old card, off the ground.

"All duel monsters have feelings," Yuri spoke up, causing everyone to turn their heads before gasping in fear of who it was.

"Y-You're--" The boy stuttered in shock as he took a step back, away from Yuri.

"Hello." Yuri greeted as he slowly walks up to them, almost like a predator, "I couldn't help, but noticed you two were dueling. I have to say you're a pretty good duelist."

The boy smile warily, "R-Really? Thanks--"

"I wasn't talking about you." Yuri cut him off with a scoff before he gestures his hand towards Serena, and added, "I was talking about her. You, on the other hand, cheated."

The boy frowned and clenched his fist in complete anger, "What did you say?"

"Are you deaf?" Yuri raised his eyebrow in a taunting way, "I'm pretty sure, I'd say it clearly, you cheated."

"Bastard! Don't you know who I am?!" The boy shouted in anger.

"Nope!" Yuri shrugged as a mischievous smile appeared on his face.

"That's it! I challenge you to a duel!" The boy exclaimed as he activated his duel disk.

"Chase! Don't do it!" His friends shouted in fear, "That's the strongest duelist in Academia."

"Strongest?" Serena mutters in shock.

"Yeah, I heard he's a genius when it comes to dueling." His other friend agreed.

The boy named Chase glares at them, "Those are just rumors! Looking at him now, he doesn't look that scary!"

"Looks can be deceiving, and I will accept your challenge. I hope you can put up a good fight." Yuri grinned as he slowly backed away, and activate his duel disk.

Chase glares at him, "Will see..."

"Duel!"

Once the duel begins, it became a one-sided massacre. Chase was driven into the corner with his monster while Yuri gives out a sinister smile as he glances over to Starve Venom, who let out a loud roar.

Serena seems in awe at the dragon in front of her, she never seen something that looks so powerful, yet dangerous at the same time, it's unbelievable.

Serena then looks at Yuri as she watches him pat Starve Venom's head, '...who is he?'

Yuri smiled viciously, "Battle! Starve Venom Fusion Dragon! Attack his monster!"

"Venom Shockwave!"

Starve Venom let out a loud roar and flew into the air and send a volt of electricity towards Chase's monster. The attack hits him, sending him flying towards the ground.

Chase LP: 1500 --> 0

Yuri: Winner

Yuri deactivates his duel disk and walks towards him.

Chase slowly sat up before he quickly backed away in complete fear.

Once Yuri came to a stop in front of him, he slowly reaches his hand out and took Cat Dancer away, "I'll be taking this card, thank you." He smiles innocently before narrowing his eyes to slits, sharper and more venomous than any snake's that Chase has ever seen, "Now leave."

Chase scrambles away, crying in complete fear and horror. His friends follow after him.

Once they're gone, Yuri turns around and walks over to Serena. He looks at her before handing the Moonlight Cat Dancer to her, "Be careful not to lose your card, next time."

"Thanks..." Serena mutters as she slowly took her ace monster out of Yuri's hand, and looks at it, happy that she has her Cat Dancer back with her.

"Anyway, I'm leaving, bye." Yuri turns around and walks away.

Serena looks up, "W-Wait!" Serena looks up and shouted as she suddenly grabs Yuri's wrist.

Suddenly, they both felt a huge spark between them, causing Yuri to paused and look back at Serena in complete shock. Serena looks shocked as well. They both stare into each other's eyes which felt like hours.

"Y-You're dragon looks so cool!" Serena shouted, breaking the silence between them, "And you're a very strong duelist! Can I have a duel with you? Please!"

Yuri took a step back in complete shock, he has never been complimented before, let alone his dragon. His eyes slit like a snake as he felt a small blush forming on his cheeks, "Thank you, and I guess I don't mind having a duel with you. I was getting bored, anyway." He crossed his arms and looks away with a big huff.

Serena face lit up, "Alright!" She then activates her duel disk, "I hope you're ready to lose, dragon boy!"

"I never lost a duel in my entire life." Yuri says with confidence as he activates his duel disk, "Also, I have a name, it's Yuri."

Serena grins, "Serena..."

"Duel!"