Covanent

Chapter 1

I slowly walked down the cold dimly lit glowing corridors. The air still as only the sound of armoured footsteps echoed through the hallway.

I reach a holographic window and begin to type on it and a door slides open in front of me and I enter the next room.

This room was the main control room. I gaze around at the others of my kind, working and typing buttons and leavers as the front window showed the vast darkness of space and a large green and blue planet.

I walk over to the captain who already knew of my presence and stand behind him, awaiting his order.

"Arbiter.." He began, I look towards him, making sure to keep a respectful posture, "yes commander?" I respond in our native tongue.

He turns his chair towards me and seems to look into my hidden eyes, "I need you to lead a group of covenants..do you think you can handle this task, arbiter?" He asks, a tone of doubt in his voice.

I take the pose of a bow before standing strait again, "yes commander".

He nods and I walk out of the room, the sliding mechanical doors closing behind me as I return down the hallway.

I enter the main floor of the large battle ship, rows of soldiers march back and fourth and others guard special rooms while others repair our smaller military tanking ships.

I reach a group of my specific species, about five of them, we are called elites, we stand at about 7'0 feet tall and have thick almost impenetrable armour that seems to be purple in some light.

They stand and salute me and I return the hand motion, I was the leader of this group due to my vast amount of knowledge in fighting and leading.

We enter a smaller ship, it was built for speed and being quick in battle.

I walk into the main control area, there were five seats, two facing each side of the wall and one facing the front.

I sit in the seat to the front, my large scaly talon like hands grasping the unusual steering wheel.

We are soon in the air of space, our destination was a small enemy outpost on the planet called 'earth'.

As we land on the planet the ships radar picks up enemy's around us, almost like an ambush, noticing I look to my comrades and tell them to be on their guard as we draw our long holographic looking double bladed swords and walk calmly out. I take the lead.

I take a quick glance around at the plants and sky, and the forest floor.

Seeing nothing we walk further out, I hear a click and look at the ground behind me and at the feet of my men, it was a frag.

I have no time to screech out a warning as it flickers and explodes, sending my comrades in different directions and me to stumble back, shielding my visor.

As the dust clears I can now see my fallen partners laying in sickly positions on the ground, their blue and purple blood pooling around them, shining in the sunlight.

I stare wide eyed at my mates, I had failed them like I had my first team. I take a few steps back, fear creeping up inside of me but I shake it off and continue to look around, taking a battle stance with my sword in left hand.

Figures emerge from behind trees, I am surrounded.

I feel I spike from a spike gun pierce my shoulder, just getting through the thick armour and my scales.

Letting out a screech of pain I curse at them. They would obviously win if I tried to fight so as I grip my shoulder I raise my other hand, my head drooping in defeat..

My captors lead me to the base that was my target to begin with. They speak in a tone that makes me think they think I do not understand them but I do not say anything as one is laughing.

I scowl at them, the main guards are called 'spartans' and the rest I could easily take on.

As we walk through the building I am led down a dark corridor, guards giving me angry looks and faces of distrust while others grimace as we walk past, i look at the ground with embarrassment as I am led to a holding facility.