Chapter 1 ○six whole days

It's been six days, SIX WHOLE DAYS! What happened to "It will just take two days"?

What happened to "Don't worry I'll be back before you know it"?

Arrrh! He is so frustrating.

Wherever he is, he should know I haven't slept in six days.

I walked into my bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. My once lightly tanned skin is now pale and my amber eyes are now a transparent yellow, my hair is now looking more of a light blonde than the its light cherry blonde colour.

My health has gone way too low to not be concerned about. I searched my bathroom for the coconut oil. Where the hell did I put that thing?

Aha! Found you! I applied the oil to my face to make me look less pale.

"Kayla! Vanessa is waiting for you" my mum screamed from downstairs.

"Sure I'm coming" I screamed back to her.

I ran down the stairs only stopping to check myself in the hallway mirror. I'm wearing a plain white top and blue strip skinny jeans with matching blue sneakers. At the end of the stairs stands Vanessa smiling like a monkey who just found a banana.

"Why so cheeky?" I asked looking at her weird smile.

"Just happy" She smiled more causing me to roll my eyes.

"Are you coming for lunch at my place?" she inquired, making sure she put emphasis on the word "place".

"What's the occasion? This better not be some cruel prank" I squealed looking around for some random person waiting to adopt me. The last time she pranked me I was mugged by a large guy who ended up being Trevor.

"I promise to never scare the shit out of you again" she chuckled putting a hand over her chest.

We came out the door together in comfortable silence as we walked down the part that lead to the Alpha's house. Growing up being the Beta's daughter has its pros and cons. One of the advantages is knowing them.

Vanessa, Sean and Ashton are the kids of Alpha Elliot and Luna Vicki. Sean is two and a half years older than Ashton and I who were born in the same week, while Vanessa is three years younger than Ashton and I.

We made a turn and entered the alpha's driveway. The walk path is made of gravel and we walked up the flight of stairs I've climbed over a billion times. As Vanessa opened the door, I'm met with the familiar smell of Luna Vicki's famous baked pork potato rolls.

Vanessa walked into the kitchen sniffing the air. I couldn't help but laugh.

Neither could the other person in the kitchen. I didn't know who was laughing and it was weird basically because the person wasn't a Miller. I practically grew up with the alpha and his family. I know how everyone laughs.

I walked into the kitchen to see what was going on. I was acquainted with three strange faces and a very healthy and happy Ashton. At first, I'm beyond surprise and then I'm just furious.

"Come on honey aren't you gonna sit down" the sound of the Luna's voice pulls me into reality. I sheepishly scanned the table again looking for an empty sit.

Well what do you know? The only empty seat is next to Ashton.

I took the empty sit. Ashton smiled like a five year old who just caught Santa. Oh! Hell no I'm so not accepting that stupid smile as an apology

"You know who you remind me of?" I stared at the 6 foot and 8 inches of pure masculinity as he asked. Well Mr. Mucho I don't know you.

"Umm... I don't know" I mumbled hoping he would fill in the gap.

"You remind me of Bryan, same blonde hair, same skin colour in fact you even have those same freaky eyes". If he thought he filled in the gap, he would be kidding himself.

"You mean Byde, right!" Ashton asked raising a brow. Stupid idiot talking when he knows I don't want to hear his dumb voice.

He turned so he could stare into my eyes and then smiled. Really, you expect me to turn into pudding in your arms. I growled at him causing to smile the more. You know I need fresh air from Ashton's stupidity and the general boredom.

"Excuse me" I jumped up from the table and walked out of the patio doors. The alpha's house had a nice view. It was wide-open garden that stopped at the end of the forest.

The forest was a remedy.

"Not only for you but for me too" he doesn't rest does he.

"I told you to stop messing with my brain" I said turning to him.

"How can I mess with something that doesn't exist" he chuckled.

"And that supposed to be your apology" I looked at his hazel eyes they laughed along with him.

"I was hoping you would miss me too much to be angry at me" he asked with his cutest pout.

"Really!" I let the words roll out of my mouth with enough sarcasm. He looked at me then back to the forest.

"Would you forgive me if I gave you this" his face lit up as he spoke.

"What exactly is that" I looked at his hands they were still closed. He slowly opened them; he was holding a chain with a wolf's tooth on it. The only person I knew who kept his tooth on a chain is Byde.

"Is that Byde's necklace" he nodded his head answering my question. I couldn't stop myself, in 2 seconds I had tackled him to the ground and was pecking him.

It had been so long since I had something from Byde. The only thing that keeps playing in my head is my brother telling me good-bye and his dead body being sent in pieces. Every single day I wish I could reverse time and change how he died but there is no stopping the cruel mistress called fate. She always had a wicked plot twist to play in people's lives. I was brought back to reality by Ashton's voice.

"So I'm I forgiven" his eyes raise in askance.

"Maybe" I say slowly leaving little space between our faces and allowing our breaths to mix. He simply claimed my lips teasingly kissing me. Our lips move in sync, his tongue exploring my mouth. My mind is lost as the kiss deepens.

"Ashton! Uhm..." I immediately get off Ashton trying to delete the awkwardness hanging over us. Ashton simply gets up from the floor pretending as if nothing actually happened.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have ..." her voice sounds like she's hurt. She is trying to say something but can't decide on what to say. She is staring blankly at Ashton as if he knows exactly what is on her mind.

She turned and walked back into the house. I turned to Ashton and watched as his eyes flashed different emotions.

"Who is she?" I mumbled to myself, secretly hoping Ashton would tell me.

"She's my mate".

>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to thank you all for reading my very first book.

I hope you like it and trust me there are going to twist and turns along the way but it will be a very interesting joureny

Keep Reading!!!