Rebels

This world...
...feels dark.
This world...feels broken,
wounded, saddened. As if there is no hope.
No light. No answer.
Why do I see it this way..?
Even though I only know of this world....I somehow imagine it looking different from now...
How does it feel to see light?
To have hope..?
To be truly happy..?
To have an answer..?
One thing's for sure, where I am now..
...
I'll never know.
________________________________

_____

____________________

It was raining heavily. The drops were smashing the pavement of what used to be a street, but now looked as if destroyed by an earthquake, seeping through what used to be buildings and apartments, slowly flooding what used to be shops, markets and restaurants.

It was like a giant city that looked demolished. As if a bomb, no, many bombs were dropped..

..but the area was still populated.

And this population would spend most of their days in hiding.

...why..?

*pant* *pant**pant*

A teenage boy was zipping though the rugged street, the loud stomps of his feet echoed throughout the area. He looked like he was running for his life. Like he was escaping something..

..Or someone.

"HELP!! HELP ME!!" He screamed in between the harsh breathes. He'd been chased for quite a while.
"SOMEBODY HELP ME!"

A bullet went through some shrapnel on the ground, barely missing his feet. Multiple shots were being fired in his direction, but they were barely missing him, some managing to graze his legs, shoulders, and hips, though the boy kept his speed.

He continued to call for help.

But as always,

help never came.

It never does.

Not here.

He was running towards a giant wall with a huge, gothic-styled black gate in the middle. It was the entrance to another area of the city, the far less damaged part,

The residential part.

Before, he was in the "Tail", now, he was about to go into the "Back Legs"

There were usually guards keeping watch by the gate, but no one was there this time. A very odd occasion. The boy managed to get in and continued running, though becoming slower and slower.

No residents were outside. It was past curfew, which was 10pm. No one was allowed to leave their apartments. All the Back Legs was, was an area with 95% apartment buildings. The remaining 5% was the walkway in the middle of the area that led to the next part, the "Stomach". The plaza for markets, restaurants, anything that required payment.

Suddenly, alarms went off.

"THIS IS AN EMERGENCY MESSAGE FROM YOUR GUARDIANS. AN INTRUDER HAS ENTERED THE AREA. A MANHUNT IS IN PURSUIT. PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR HOMES."