Resistance

PROLOGUE

   Immortality.

   When you think of never being able to die, do you imagine becoming a vampire? Do you often think about how life would be, had you never grown older than eighteen years old? Do you really imagine yourself faster than lightning?

   I didn’t.

   Then again, I guess that was just me. Maybe the idea was intriguing to others, but not to me. I didn’t want to live forever. After so many years, I would eventually get tired of living. Too many evil things happen in the world that would build my knowledge of everything. Living for too long can cause insanity, and I didn’t want that.

   Unfortunately for me, it didn’t matter what I wanted.

   The universe did its own thing.

   And so did the Guild Realm.

   The Guild Realm was controlled by the Guild, as were some streets of the human world. Any member of the Guild was included inside the Realm. But when things involved humans, things got complicated. No human, unless they were deliberately asked to join the Guild, was allowed into their Realm.

   Inside the Guild Realm, dark creatures called Guilders existed, including vampires, witches, warlocks, werewolves. You name it, they had it. Not that they’d always been dark; they had actually been heartfelt creatures, some of them. The Guild was once a bright realm, but when King Thomas took over, everything turned to darkness. All creatures became the worst versions of themselves.

   But only one group of people had been able to resist the temptation.

   Only one group of minds really survived.

   Only one group of Guilders had kept their lives safe from the King. They had kept themselves sane.

   Only the Resisters could save their kingdom from the plans of King Thomas.

   This is my life. This is my kingdom. I choose to Resist.