Chapter 1

Ring!

Ring!

I hit my alarm clock, knocking it to the floor.

I get up and get dressed, putting on a white crop top, denim shorts, and sandals.

I walk to the bathroom, brushing my hair in the mirror and putting it in to a messy bun.

I run down the stairs to see my mom cooking, and my dad sitting at the table with a news paper. My brother, Justin runs down the stairs bumping it to me "hey watch it!" I say as I turn around to see him.

He was wearing a blue shirt and denim jeans. He was 15 and I was 16, he was just a few inches taller then me, but I don't really care.

"Wow sorry!" he said rolling his eyes at me as he pushes me and walks to mom.

"Honey, be nice to your sister!" My mom says as she smacks Justin in the back of the head.

I hear HONK! From out side and see Theo standing next to his red car, waving at me. I grab my sunglasses and back pack and run out side. Theo smiles as I run up to him and hug him. "Hey" he says as he hugs me back.

I let go of him and smile.

"Are you ready to go?" he says as he walks to one of the car doors and opens it for me. "Thank you" I say and hop in the car.

He gets in the car and buckles his seat belt.

We get to School and Theo helps me out of the car.We were seniors, going to the same school, Theo and I met when we were little and we grew up together.

My mother always thought we had a thing for each other, and well I have a thing for him I just don't know if he likes me.

We walk in side the school and see Brianna and miles sitting next to each other.

I sit next to Brianna she's been my friend for years and now she's dating miles, the love of her life.

"Hey Theo!" miles say as he waves to him. "Hey" he says sitting next to him.

The class bell rings and we all walk away from each other, me and Theo will see each other at lunch later and Bri and miles will see us after school only because they have lunch detention.

-------------- lunch time--------------

I walk out of class and see Theo standing next to my locker. "Hello" I say as I walk to him, he smiles

" hey". We walk to the lunch tables and sit next to each other our shoulders touching.

Theo grabs his lunch out of his backpack, handing me an apple.

"So Shai.." Theo says

"How was your classes?". "Fine" I say with a smile and biting into the apple. He laughs a little and I start to laugh too.

"Do you want to ditch?" he asks

"I thought you where a goody two shoes?" I say, he starts to smile more and then he grabs my hand and starts to walk away from the lunch room. "What are you doing we are going to get in trouble!" I say. We walk out of the school and head to his red car.

"Come on shai like it's going to hurt you!" he says, I smile "what are we going to do?" I ask getting into the car.

"we can go see a movie" he says starting the car. We drive to the movie theater and get tickets to see Divergent, even thou we saw the movie many times. Theo gets popcorn and gummy bears and I get sour patch kids and a small coke.

------------after the movie-----------

After the movie was over it was night, we walk to Theo's car and get in. "I had fun what about you Shai?" Theo says as we start driving to my house. "I had a great time" I say looking at clock on my phone "Theo it's past my curfew!" I say worried, my dad would beat the shit out of me if I don't get home in time. "It's ok you can spend the night at my house" he says with a smile on his face keeping his eyes on the road.

"Ok I will sneak thro my window and get clothes" I say.

We pull up into the drive way of my house, no lights were on, I open my window and get in. I grab a purse and some clothes and walk to the bathroom, grabbing my brush.

My dad walks out seeing me, his eyes look mad. He pulls out a belt and hits me in the face, I fall to the ground and hit my head. I feel my face, something wet falls from my face. Blood. I get up and run to my room, a hand grabs me on my wrist, I pull my hand away and close the door behind me.

I climb out the window, hearing the door slam open as I jump out.

"Shailene!" My dad yells, I run to Theo who was out of the car waiting for me. "Shai what happened?" he says as he touches my face, blood on his hands.

"Let's go" I say hopping into the car, he gets in and starts driving.

As we reach Theo's apartment I start to cry. "Hey shai it's okay" Theo says trying to comfort me, it works. He hugs me, wrapping both arms around me and kisses my forehead.

Wait does he likes me?

He walks me to his apartment, helping me at every step. "Theo..." I say "ya shai?" he asks

"do you remember when we were little you always brought me a flower every time you came to see me?" I say smiling a little.

"Ya I do" he says as he opens the door to the apartment.

" I remember every Friday, I would get you a rose, and every Saturday I would get you a daisy" he says with a smile on his face.

He closes the door behind us, locking it. I walk to the couch and sit watching him move place to place, and then sitting next to me.

I snuggle against him, hearing his heart beating. The rhythm soon makes me fall asleep, I feel his hands hold me tight as he falls asleep too.