Since the Beginning

I’m Loraine, a simple, ordinary and typical girl in school. I’m not like the other girls who do anything just to be famous and be known by the school crowd. I will choose to be alone that to spend time to people who are just good when they are with you, but denigrate you when you’re at their back.
Once I have a best friend. But because of this issue that she think that I am not a loyal and trustworthy person, she leaves me and believe those ugly attitude girls who just want to break our friendship. Since then, I become numb person and trust nobody.
Sitting at the back of school yard, I hear my classmates talking about this one famous boy. Every day of their life, they just keep on talking and talking about this man, acting like they will get something in return by doing that. Instead of focusing in their studies, they are wasting time on stalking, taking photos and doing rumors and issues about him and them so they can be the talk of the school.
I plugged in my earphone and start to play music. I continue reading my favorite book series of Rick Riordan’s Heroes of Olympus.  I was in the middle of adventure where Percy and Anabeth is struggling the Deaths door, someone bump me and push me at the corner.  Accidentally my eyeglasses fall, making my surroundings blurred and can only see silhouette of person in front of me. I’m about to shout when he immediately covers my mouth and gestures to stay quiet. I don’t know what happening so I just follow what he instructed. After a minute, he releases me and both of us breathe deeply.
I stay in that position as I can’t move not only because my eyes, but also because his body force is in me. He only remembers that I’m there when he hears a warning sound from me.
Oh, I’m sorry. I thought I was just leaning on a Sofa!’’ then she chuckles.
I don’t answer him. Instead, I started to search for my eyeglasses. With blurry eyes, I’ve search on the ground regardless of the dirty and hot surface. Luckily, I found it. But once I touch the eyeglass, my hand also started to bleed. I don’t see it but I can feel the blood is flowing on my finger and I started to faint.
When I wake, I saw myself inside a room, though I can’t recognize it specifically. The nurse came out from the door and that the only time I learned that I was inside the clinic. She immediately came to me and checks my vitals. She told me that I’m already fine and advise that I can now return to my class. I’ve ask her what happened to me and how I was able to came here. She told the reason why I was admitted to clinic but she didn’t tell me who brings me here. I can feel that she is smiling wide and told me to go now.
When I reach my room, the class already started. Our subject is Math which is a bit boring for me. Not because I can’t understand it but because of my classmate who just keep on staring on the man besides me. Yes, the man of the crowd, the apple of their eyes, the man of their dreams, Bryan. This is how unfortunate I am.
I plugged in my earphone again and started to hum a song. My professor used to on my attitude. He allows me to that since all of my grades are high even if I’m not listening to him.
The bell rings and my classmates started to leave the room immediately. I intentionally left inside the room so I can avoid bulk of students going out. I don’t want to experience another accident today. I don’t want other person to notice me.
As all my classmates gone, I decided to live the room. I started to walk the street since my house is just 5 streets away from school. My walking is a bit slow because of my blurry eyes. When I was walking, I can feel that someone is following me and I don’t feel any fear. I continue my walk until I reach my house.
That is my daily routine. My life is only about school and house, including reading novels that serves as my pass time and hobby.
Next morning, I immediately go to the school backyard and sit on my regular place. If you are asking how do I able to survive my first class?  Im wearing an eye contact though I really don’t like this. But I have no choice.
After a minute, someone sits beside me and grabbed my book and closed it. I don’t know what he is doing but he sits in front of me.
“Are you fine now? Are your fingers still bleeding?’’
He took my hand and check as if something happen.
I take off my hands to him but he is holding it tightly.
“What are you doing?”
Instead of answering, he smiled at me and holds my other hand.
“You know, I’m really sorry for what happened to you yesterday. If I didn’t use you to hide me from those crazy girls, you will not lose your eyeglass and you will not have a wounds. I’m really sorry. I’m so worried about you so I secretly follow you until you reach your house. I don’t want anything bad happen to you again.’’
I can see that he is really concerned about me. But I only show him a poker face.
“Ok, go away now!’’
I remove my hands to her and took my book again.
Instead of leaving, he started to laugh like someone throws a strong joke.  I cannot concentrate on what I am doing. I close the book and start to leave the place.
When I stand-up, he immediately grip my hand that stops me to walk.
“Don’t leave, please”.
I stay in that position, and wait for him to talk. I don’t know why I am doing this. I know in myself that if someone came near to me, I instantly show them a sharp look and do not dare to continue what they are planning.
“Why are you like this? Why do you always want to be alone? Why don’t you trust anybody?”
“Can you just release my hand and make your own business.’’ I am trying to remove my hand but he is really strong.
“Why can’t you see that someone is concern to you? That someone wants to be with you?”
“Isn’t it obvious? I don’t want any attention and above all I don’t need anyone. I can leave alone. So before anything happens here, can you just leave now!!??’’ this is the first time I talk to someone that long.
He didn’t listen to what I say, instead he pull me so he can now see my face. Instead of an angry face, I saw a smiling and happy face in front of me. He then started to talk like he don’t give me permission to live.
“You know what. Every time you are doing that gesture, you always make me laugh. When you are humming music during our Math class, I can able to concentrate on our classmate even if our lot of classmate is so disturbing. It makes me feel comfortable, a feeling that someone is beside you and saying all problems has a solution and answer. When you are reading your favorite books and seeing different emotions on your face, it makes me feel good and happy, thinking that you can still laugh and smile behind the back of other people. Everything you do, everything you act, everything about you, it makes me like you.”
My heart skips a bit from the time he said that word. I want to move but my body is not responding on what my mind is saying. He continues his words that make my heart bits faster.
“I don’t know what you are thinking right now or even if I am tell you all this things now,  it can change your treatment to me. I really care for you. I really do. I know inside of you, you need someone you can talk to, someone who can make you laugh and even someone you can release you worries and fear, someone you can trust to. I know, inside of you, you are weak. You are scared to get a new friend as you are thinking that they will just leave you in the end. Not everyone is the same. Whatever happens in your past, between you and your best friend, doesn’t mean will happen again if you keep another friend!”
I was shocked that he knows what happens between me and my best friend. I didn’t inform anyone about these things except only she is doing who do rumors about us.
“I am here since that happens. I’ve seen how close are you and how happy are you when you are together. I was also there when your friendship ends. Maybe you are thinking I’m stalker, but it’s just I was so curious about you. You are very simple yet I can see a strong girl with a good heart inside of you. I just to make you feel I, Bryan, really care you. That will always be here for you whenever you need someone.”
I didn’t respond on what he says but I can feel my heart starts to relax and feel something inside me that I can’t explain. He looks straight in my eyes.
“Can I call you friend? I don’t demand you to be close to me or even talk to me. I just want to know and feel that you recognize me. I don’t need anything from you. Just accepting me as your friend even in words is enough for me? Can we?”
I didn’t answer him. Slowly he let go of my hand and surrenders as he thinks that I didn’t give importance on what he says.
“Uh! That’s fine. I should been ready that you will not accept my request. You’re Loraine, what I said can’t immediately change your heart. But at least, thank you. Thank you for allowing me to talk to you. It’s enough. Thank you so much for your time.”
He was about to leave when I talk.
“Is that what you called trust? Asking someone to be a friend but then leave without hearing anything.”
He was shocked on what I say. Unintentionally, he enclosed him arm to me and response on what he do. He let go of me and I saw a beautiful smile to his face.
“Friends?’’ I asked him
“Friends, friends forever!” Bryan
My mind opens on all what he says. He makes me feel special, a feeling that someone is there from the time you think you are alone. It makes my heart melt, by thinking that those words come from a famous man you thinks just want to be known by anyone. I accept this friendship as I know and I feel and I will never by nobody again.

-END-