Salsa Dancing and Ring Pops

With a slow but steady rhythm, Alexander and John swayed at the Salsa music playing in their heads, since the disc on the radio had long ago ended. But they couldn't care less about the music, their bodies pressed together as gentle kisses where exchanged between them was all that mattered.

John looked at the boy in front of him, who held his big brown eyes closed, lost in the feeling of warmth and home. After all those years John still couldn't believe he got lucky enough to be with this boy, to be the one that held his affections and to be able to kiss him and love him freely.

It was something that sixteen-years-old-John could only have dreamt about, and yet here he was. John couldn't be more glad to be alive right now.

This man, this beautiful man who had stayed with him even if John didn't deserve it in the slightest was all his to love and cherish, and he hoped he could do it for the rest of their life's. The hazel-eyed boy smiled at the image forming on his head, he and Alexander together many years later, with a nice house and kids, a dog or a cat (or both), and some turtles swimming in the beautiful aquarium in the living room that they would watch as theirs hands got tangled with one another, feeling a nice ring on their fingers, standing besides their kids and dog and cat.

It was beautiful.

"God I wanna marry you" John murmured absentmindedly on his boyfriend's ear, still lost on his imagination.

"What?" Alexander shakily said, pulling away to look at John in the eyes.

Goddamnit John what the hell!? He scolded himself.

He was about to apologize and pretend those words never escaped his mouth, but then he suddenly remembered that the cherry limeade ring pop he had stolen from Angelica the night before was still on his pajama pocket. John sighed, knowing he was probably going to do the most ridiculous thing he had ever done in his life.

Getting on his knees, John got the ring pop out of his wrapper and held it with shaky fingers. He looked at Alexander, who seemed both amused and flustered.

"I wanna marry you, Alexander Hamilton. I want to stay the rest of my days besides you, will you let me?" John (lamely, on his opinion) said.

The smaller man nodded, without being able to formulate a coherent sentence. Tears fell from his eyes as he hugged the taller male, making Alex practically hang from his neck when they stood up. (Unfortunately for Alex, John had grown a few inches in the last few years).

"So is that a yes?" John fearfully said.

"Yes! You fucking idiot of course yes!" Alex yelled at him, taking his freckled cheeks on his hands and smashing their lips together.

After a few minutes of laughing and crying and hugging, Alexander mumbled on Johns'd shoulder:

"Did you just proposed to me with a goddamn ring pop?"

"Maybe"