The Life Of Yolanda

My name is Yolanda Dandala ,i was born with a diseases  of bipolar .(bipolar is a brain disorder that causes unusual shifts in mood,energy,activity levels and the ability to carry out day to day tasks.) so i grew up with that disorder since childhood till now.

when i was still a toddler i had a friend whose name was Grace Hendricks "she was a coloured girl" so we grew up together till teenage stage,things were normal and cool.

When we were teenagers about 13 of age we always stand for each other,in good and bad days. she always understood my situation including her family,sometimes she would be scared of my different moods and energy,i know she lived with fear,even my family would always pray to be protected,the only thing that always helps me is to drink my medication,sometimes i would fill like a dead person but still walking. nobody can which to be like me,even the animals wont.

When we were at high school,doing grade 8 that time we were 14,one day i saw grace with white spots as she was light brownish color,when it was was weekend the spots speared all over her body and she became an albino,just imagine 2 friends with different diseases,in school we became a laughing stock,they were teasing us so badly,one day one of my classmates Babalwa teased us,i ended up angrily,they say a bipolar person can be dangerous,i realised my sickness was dangerous when i ended up beating babalwa until she vomited blood and she ended up in hospital .It's then i realised that i did something t
Bad far worse than bad,After the incident i was suspended.

After my suspension at school from 2 days of being suspended,i went to school everybody looked at me,some were gossiping,laughing and shouting at me,at that moment i didn't have passion to hold my tears,i simply cried,my friend Grace came to me she holded me with
Comfort.

One day i was called to the office,the principal simply told me she cant lose her learners because of a bipolar girl,i begged her and and apologized to her she gave me a letter referring me to another school in Alice,and i was dismissed effectively.
I told my parents,i could see that they are also hurt,they told me they are going to send into a boarding school in Chart chart high,i was so sad and disappointed in me,we had a knock on the door and it was Grace,she came to ask if the news that she got from school about me are true....
I simply told her that 'it is true'.I told her as from next week am going to a boarding school she told me that as friends nothing can separate us, when she walked out we had a car on the road hitting something,when went to look at the car outside,it was Grace she was heated by a car and she was rushed to hospital,in hours later we had that she was gone,my bones were weak,my blood ended up being cold.
Her parents were blaming my family because of me,they blamed me of killing their daughter simply because Grace was sometimes depressed because she always stood by me on my mental health.

On the funeral when  we entered the gates,we chased out,when we were going back home we saw a car that hited Grace to death we tried to stop it but finally it stopes,it was an indian man,he was looking for graces home,when he was there he was accepted,he offered the Hendricks family money that will ease their pain,after the funeral Mr Hendricks was seen talking with that indian man,when i pass through them i saw This Indian Man trying to choak graces father i could't pretend and longer i was busy hiting the indians car,i couldnot stand my friends father to be harassed like that,when they opened the door the Indian man was so angry,Mr Hendricks told the indian man that i sometimes lose it,he grabbed me with his big hands shouting at me ,telling me to stay away from his family especially when his daughter is dead,when she was shouting at me my illness rises and i ended up beating him,he then pushed me away and  fell down,i didn't  | even know what happened,i saw him shouting at me ,on my way home my head was spinning,while i was at home i felt so weak,my head was spinning,i ended up in hospital,the doctor told me i have to drink my medication in order to control my mood swings,the doctor told me to be careful because i was hited on my head that's way it was so heavy and painful.

Before i go to Alice,to my new school,we saw a police van coming to fetch Mr Hendricks and he was suspected of killing his daughter because of wealthy little did he know that an Indian man was a criminologist who pretended to be a criminal,then on the day of the funeral he pretended to be Mr Hendricks hired man after arresting the man who was hired by Mr Hendricks,his wife Elsa was  so hurt and angry to hear her husbands wicked testimony.

On the 20 of january  i went to chart chart boarding school,things were different,i was doing my grade 8 continuing my studies without my best friend "grace,her spirit was still alive to me but i told myself to move on.