Computer Crap (One Shot)

"How. Dare. You. Leave. All. Your. Computer. Crap. There. For. Me. To. Find!" Max yelled, whacking Fang with her rucksack every time she paused.

"I didn’t know it was on there," Fang replied calmly, ignoring the fact that she kept using her rucksack as a weapon against him.

"Oh sure…" she said sarcastically, hitting him again, "You knew damn well that you left it there!"

"I know."

"I know? I know? You abandon us all on Total’s wedding day, leaving a note that had me bawling like a baby! And then you have the brainwave to leave all your computer crap there, where you knew I would find it and break down again! But all you can say is I know?" she said, fuming.

"It was Akila’s wedding day aswell," Fang answered, oblivious to everything she had just said.

"Stop trying to change the subject!" she screamed, whacking him with her rucksack one final time, "You had the nerve to leave after everything we’ve been through? I loved you and you just left!"

"I know you did," he said softly, "I left you all of my…‘computer crap’ as you put it, because I wanted to show you things that I couldn’t do in person. It was full of all my emotion. Did you delete it all?"

"No," Max answered simply, letting the rucksack drop to the floor.

Fang never spoke. His face and posture were just as emotionless as they always were. Max could never tell what he was thinking or feeling from far away. She could only feel him properly when they were close. Or, if they were flying and their feathers brushed against each other. Max could never hate Fang. She loved him, even if he was a crap-bag that left all his damn stuff on the laptop. Fang made her weak. She felt almost powerless around him. Right at this moment, she wanted to give up being mad and have a civil conversation with him. Of course, she wouldn’t let that happen and none of their conversations were ever civil. If they were, then they wouldn’t be ‘Max and Fang’ conversations. If there were anything that she was refusing to admit, it would be the fact that she missed him. She knew it was true, but he made the decision to leave in the first place. It was the first time that she’d seen him since the wedding and she was already on his case about his computer crap. He didn’t seem to want to answer her. Max had been determined to make Fang beg for mercy, but if she was going to do that, she had a hell of a long way to go. He was almost unbreakable.

Fang finally broke the awkward silence, "Well, that proves everything doesn’t it?"

"Proves what?" she asked, even though she already knew the answer.

"You know what."

He’s right. She did know what he meant. For the first time ever, she could tell that he was sad.

‘Fang left his crap to make me realise my true feelings,’ she thought.

Huh. This is about as civil as it gets. Maybe his computer crap was useful after all.