Waking Up: Skye

Did you have a favorite place? I did, once. It was the beach. My family used to go there all the time. Before the fire, before my mother and sisters death, before my brothers acolchism, before my dad disappeared, before everything. We used to picnic on the beach I would smile and laugh. But that was a long time ago.

                          When my brother wasn't drunk, which was almost never, he was a nice person. My brother was my only family that was living but even he wasnt alive.
But lets not dewell on the past shall we move on reader?

     I look out and think " Todays the day. Im tired of fighting.". I walk down the stairs. My brother is still sleeping when i grab a bottle of whiskey and head out the door.

  I walk down to the beach, right to the dock. I drink the whiskey and cry. I miss them so much. I decid what I must do. I jump off the dock and slowly sink down to the bottom. I close my eyes and let darkness take over me.

Something has grabbed on to me. Its trying to pull me up. I fight against them. Im kicking and scteaming as it pulls me.
   " Shush. Stop screaming. I'm trying to help you.", it says. I scream untill i realize i have the bottle still. I break it and tries to slit my wrist. She tries to grab it. We wrestle for it untill i give up.
     I am crying and i say " why wouldn't you let me die?" She looks at me for a second and says " I don't know." She gets off me and helps me up. " Why did you try to end your life?"she asks. " None of your goddamn business." i snarl at her.

   She stares at me for a few seconds then says " Fine don't tell me" We sit in silence for a few moments. I stare at her wrist " You could of let me die, since you are in the same boat as me" I say pointing at her wrist. She covers it up. " Whats your name?" she asks. I reply " Skye. What about you?" She stares into the water for a bit then says" I'm Lily Rose"