Chapter 1

" He's back. The monster.

I feel him. Under my skin, in my head.

He's everywhere. The urge. I can't stop it."

Matt's POV

I have always wondered how it all began. How did we begin? How were we named monsters? How was the first monster created and by who? Not that my old guy wanted to leave me this clueless by not telling me bedtime stories about it. He was not alive to tell it to me himself.

But when you have an alter ego as a monster you want to know the whole thing.

And for those of you who don't know this legend, sit back and keep your ears wide open and for those of you who know, that's good but just shut up and let me tell the story.

It was said that the first werewolf was a king named Lycaon. He was the king of Arcadia. He was without any doubt like all other kings - a high maintenance ass. Back then people worshipped the Greek Almighty(s) - Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, etc. Lycaon was a fan of Zeus. But he wanted to know how much Zeus knew about everything since he is a God and whether he was wasting his time going after the wrong God. But he didn't realize that would go down the drain.

Lycaon had 50 sons. Zeus wanted to test the sons of his faithful servant. He came to them in the form of a peasant. Lycaon realizing that it was Zeus going undercover, decided to lay out a feast for him. But that's not all he had in mind. He knew that he had the one chance to turn the tables and test Zeus.

They laid out the feast for the so - called peasant. Zeus grabbed a piece of what looked like turkey and had a bite. But it did not taste like any normal turkey. Zeus who was actually more omniscient than Lycaon thought asked him where his sons were. All his boys came forward except one. He was missing. Zeus roared with rage. Lycaon had killed one of his sons and fed him to Zeus. Zeus cursed him and his bloodline to an eternity of torment by transforming Lycaon into a wolf.

He would turn into an animal every full moon with excruciating pain and undeniable rage. And thus, that was all enough to label him as a monster but mainly as half-human and half-werewolf, in other words, a werewolf.

And that my dear folks is just the beginning of my story.

Author's note

What did you think? Please leave a comment for what you really thought of my first story. This was just a legend. But the story is gonna start in the next chapter.

Thank you all,

perfectiongonebleak