Timers

I was walking,but I had no idea where. I felt like my body was taking me somewhere. I tried to tell my mind to 'stop' but my legs kept moving.Suddenly I could hear the ground cracking beneath my feet but my legs kept moving at the same pace.

Suddenly I was falling, the air swept past my face making my arms shiver with goosebumps and adrenaline.Why wasn't my body reacting? Why aren't I screaming in fear or squirming in anticipation for the impact?

I looked down and saw that there wasn't just air beneath me anymore, I saw a city full of people. Can't anyone see me? Why aren't they trying to help me? What kind of dream is this?

As I was getting closer to the ground I saw a boy,walking on the cement sidewalk reading a book. Actually, I don't see the boy, I see his brown mop of hair and the book in his hands. Then suddenly I started screaming but not screaming in what seemed like fear but rather screaming in anticipation of someone catching me. Saving me from slamming into the pavement and ending my life.

Then suddenly I was in his arms. I didn't remember falling into them but it didn't matter because my mind was telling me that all that mattered was that he was the one who caught me.

Before I could look up and see his face I felt my body jerk upwards.

I sat up in bed rubbing my eyes and contemplating my dream.

I opened my eyes and squinted from the light shining through the window. I looked over at my timer,

1,200 hrs.

A new day always starts with an exact time like that. I squealed in excitement, 50 more days until it comes!

50 more days until I figure out if i'm destined for a family, a true-love.