she always knew||

Prologue

Leaves crunched under heavy boots as a tall dirty blonde tore through the trees towards a bloodied body that laid at the center of a moonlit clearing surrounded by old oak trees. He dropped to his knees looking at the bloodied raven haired girl who laid within the leaves.
"Deucalion my beloved deuc....," she chokes out, blood bubbles at her lips. Deucalion brushed her raven black hair from her face letting his hand rest on her pale cheek.
    "Kate please don't leave me," Deucalion cries as his mate Kate laid dying in his arms.
    "Deucalion make me this last wish....," her voice is barely a whisper as she laid her head against his chest.
     "Of course my love," he whispers against her hair.
    "T...take care of our baby," she whispers as her breathing became shallow and soon fell still.
    "No no Kate," he pleads pushing his face into her chest. A cry broke the bitter cold air from a few feet away. This broke Deucalion from his frozen position over Kate's dead body and his grief heavy gaze followed the cry and he rose to his feet stumbling slightly towards the cry. His eyes fell on a raven haired baby girl that laid in the leaves beside the stream only a few feet from Kate. He dropped to his knees and scooped the crying little one into his arms. Deucalion looks down at her and his eyes flashed red and to his surprise so did hers. But her's were darker, a darker crimson color. She was a born alpha female. She would be the strongest wolf in Deucalion's pack.
    "Darci Emery my little wolf I will always be there to protect you no matter what gets on my way I will over keep your mother's promise," deuc pressed his lips to the small child's as he cradled her close to his chest.