ooof

Pushed against the locker roughly I groan out in pain. Looking at her beautiful sun kissed face furiously blushing. She scowls while looking right back at me.

"Move out of the way will ya loser!"

"S-sorry Hollie."

I quickly scramble away from her. Adjusting my black circle glasses I walk towards the art room.

Ms.Collins(the art teacher) has a substitute today. My class has a reputation for being mean to substitutes while they love Ms.Collins. Ms. Carla Collins is the best teacher I could ask for. She is so nice, she volunteers at shelters and uses her own money to buy the class the best art supplies.

I say at my usual seat; all the way in the back. Grabbing my sketchbook I draw a new idea for a painting, a girl holding an umbrella while it rains.

Other students start rushing in, some start to chat to one another after taking a seat, some are listening to music, and some like me, are just doodling on a random piece of paper they found. I spot two people, Sam and Amanda. The Perfect Couple. Everyone wants to be like them. Both of them are so nice to everyone, they give each other gifts which is really cute.

Blindly doodling I notice I ruined my drawing. I grab my white eraser and erase my sketch, close my sketchbook shut and slam it loudly (by accident) on the oak table. A hush falls over the classroom. I feel people's eyes on myself, I feel my cheeks on fire while silently glaring at my sketchbook. A few seconds later they go back to doing what they were doing.

Heels click on the polished tiles. The class looks towards the door and we see our class's  substitute. She was an old lady with silver hair, wrinkly sagging skin, and she had a large meter stick in her hand, she had a binder in the other. Her entire outfit was black. She had the whitest skin I have ever seen.

She walked up to the white board and loudly smacked the meter stick on it. I flinched and leaned back against my blue chair.

"I've heard about this class before", she says in a witch's voice. She looks like the wicked witch of the West, "You all have a reputation, each one of you precious cupcakes for being mean to people like me, I don't tolerate that. Now, open your sketchbooks and draw me a flower."

Many students snicker at her while I get to work. I drew a girl dipping her feet in a pond, she is the background while a lotus on a lillypad is the foreground. It's a bit of a two point perspective.

The student sitting near me drew gore. He drew a dog getting impaled by thick thorned roses. There was a rose coming out of the dogs eye, the fallen eyeball had crows pecking at it. He had begun to ink the picture with a sharpie pen. I wanted to tell him it was a lovely drawing but he had ear buds on and blasting his music I could faintly hear the words, Sometimes I give myself the creeps. 

Sam was braiding Amanda's hair into a bun while Amanda was brightly smiling. Amanda was a Filipino beauty with dyed ombre blue hair and a smile that could light a dark room. Sam was a cutie, everyone loves him and no one could get mad at him. He has dark hair that looks soft and fluffy.

The substitute wrote her name on the board, some glanced at the name boredly. I didn't bother looking at it. Adding some shading to the hair to make it realistic I see it looks mediocre.

"Oh my God!", I hear someone shriek while snatching up my drawing, "This is sooo good, did you do this?" The girl looks at me with disbelief. I nod. "I could never do something like this I'm so bad at drawing!"

I mutter a quick curse under my breath seeing as she tries to flip through my sketchbook I seize it from her before she looks at some cringey shit.

She has a scared expression before it's replaced with one of anger. She huffs out loud and walks away.