Chapter 1

As soon as I opened my eyes the sunlight blinded me and I shut my eyes faster than I opened them. I groaned internally because I knew that if I didn't wake up there would be an earthquake on my bed and so it happened.

"Get up you dumbass, stop mopping over that piece of shit which should not even matter know" said one of my best friends, Jacob.

"I don't want to wake up. Let me sleep" I groaned and replied. But he didn't go he grabbed and threw my duvet on the floor which made me shiver and I curled in the foetal position. Soon he came over and cuddled with me and I just embraced myself in his warmth.

"This is not how you are, we have given you a week to cry over it, now we can't see you get more depressed now get up we all make a new start from today". He cooed in my ears with his soft voice and I realised that I had no chance of winning now so I just nodded and got up for a shower.

After getting ready in my high waist jeans and a crop top and applying slight makeup I went to the kitchen only to smell bacon and scrambled eggs. My eyes lit up when I saw Jacob and Jenny serve me the breakfast with some toast and coffee. I ate my breakfast because I hadn't eaten anything properly for a week, but I could sense that there was something wrong with them. I was so wrapped up in my shit that I didn't pay attention to what they needed. I was such a shitty friend.

"Spit it out guys whatever you'll want to say, it's making me anxious" I said. They exchanged a look and Jenna continued.

"Look, we know that what after that bastard did you will take some time to move on but you know you eventually will have to move on." I nodded.

"So we thought why not start it from now on. It's been a week you've cried over it and now that's enough" Jacob continued. "You know the trip that you planned to New York we want you to go there" I choked my food when he said that.

"You know I can't go there... I planned it so that we could go there after celebrating our two year anniversary, it'll just make the all the memories come back again because you'll know that was our dream to go there together" I choked out.

"We know and that's why we have made arrangements only for one person. We contacted the trip manager and told him that we wanted to cancel the one plus one thing and only make it for a single person" Jenny my other best-friend said.

"Anika we want you to go and have your best time there, we want you to forget about all this crap going on here. We want you to start being the old you." He knocked some sense into my brains.

"I'm sorry guys I've been such a shitty friend I could not see anything beyond my problems. We promised that we'll be together with each other through our difficulties but I just shut you'll out.. I'm so sorry" and with that I started crying. Both of them came and gave me a bone crushing hug "I missed you'll" I whispered "we missed you do dummy" they cooed in my ears.

"Now go and fix your make-up we have a suprise for you" Jacob said and my eyes lit up. "I'll be back in 5 minutes" I shouted as I ran back to my room and fixed my eyeliner and just combed my hair. With that I came down and saw the nervous look on Jacob aka Jake's and Jenny's face. My eyebrows scrunched in confusion and they handed me an envelope. I studied it for over a minute and I literally felt the Earth shift underneath me.

"You'll did not just do that??" I asked still recovering from my confusion.

"We just did that love!!" Jenny exclaimed.

I slowly opened the envelope it read:

"To,

Ms. Anika Roy,