Part 1

Credit to @sappyre7for helping me with my first ff! Thank you sweetie <3

Y/N'S pov

---

The smell of coffee filled the air, slow jazz music, and the overwhelming sensation of wanting to read a good book. Rosttelles cafe was a quiet little cafe that not too many people knew about. I only knew of its existence because of my best friend, Jungkook. We started coming here after I graduated high school, it became the only time I could see him. If I wasn't busy, he was and vice versa. I loved nothing more than our chats over a hot cup of coffee that usually carried on for hours until our manager ask us to leave. Most of the time we would wander off into a local park, weather permitting, and relive old times and dream of the future.

My future wasn't looking too bright, especially on the love front. Every girl I worked with was either happily smitten or at least involved. They spoke about men all day, every day. I had very little input and quickly became the odd one out. This needed to change, and quick. It was on a particularly cold day that I decided to voice my concerns to Jungkook.

Jungkook's Point of View

"Hey Jungkook!" Y/N noona called to me as I headed into the cafe and placed myself down at the table alongside her, stripping out of my heavy coat.

"Hey Y/N noona how are you?" I smiled at her as I placed my coat down on the back of my seat, my hands wrapped around my cup of coffee.

"Well you see Jungkook... there's something I need to tell you..." She said, as she scratched the back of her neck awkwardly. I raised an eyebrow in confusion, not entirely sure what had her so on edge. Usually we shared everything, nothing really surprised me with Y/N noona. So why was she so nervous?

"Uh, yeah go ahead Y/N noona ." I smiled at her reassuringly, a little worried about her.

"Well you see...I'm having a little trouble with work..." She said, her hand running through her hair anxiously. I leant over the table, casting her a dark glance.

"Is someone harassing you? Or causing you trouble?" I questioned her. She laughed lightly, her eyes catching mine as she shook her head at my insinuation. "Well what is it then?" I asked, confused myself.

"Um I..I'v...I've n...n..never had a b..b...boyfriend." She cast her head down as I laughed lightly at how silly she was being.

"Y/N noona... " I looked at her reassuring, she popped her head up, looking directly at me. "It doesn't matter if you've never dated! You are you no matter who you date noona." I reached for her hand across the table, giving it a tight squeeze to try and make her feel a bit better

"But Jungkookie, I'm 21 isn't it about time?" She pulled her hand back from mine, twiddling her fingers as she looked back down to the table. I sighed, scratching the back of my neck trying to think of a solution.

"Noona, if you're so impatient how about we date?" I spoke before I even had a chance to think about it. Her eyes flew up to look at me as her cheeks started to redden. I laughed anxiously.

"U..uh Kookie..." She spoke, her voice was shaky and strange. I quickly spoke up, not wanting her to overthink it.

"P..P...PRACTICE DATING I MEAN..ha ha ha." I corrected myself. She let out a breath that she had been holding onto for far too long.

"Hmm, that doesn't sound like a bad idea Kook." She said. She seemed to think about it for a couple of moments, weighing it up in her head. She looked at me, resolved. "In fact that's a great idea!!"

"Uh-huh." I laughed as she looked at me, a smile on her face. "Wait, you think so?" She nodded, lightly.

"It makes sense!" She said, enthusiastically. "You know me better than anyone else. We practically go on dates anyway every time we come to this cafe." She said, talking herself into it. "It's a great idea. Plus, you're kind of good-looking - so the girls would be quite impressed." My face fell as I nearly choked on my coffee.