Chapter 1

"Fuck!" Jack cried out in exasperation, aggravation, and frustration, "They gave me the girl's uniform!" He held out a navy blue Japanese school girl uniform out at arm's length while Mark, who was sitting in a chair in the corner, was laughing so hard he was crying.

"Shut up!" Jack shouted defiantly, but Mark continued laughing. Jack kicked the empty clothing box with his foot and crossed his arms, blushing with embarrassment.

"C'mon, I'm just teasing you. I bet the school will buy ya a new one," Mark said, getting up from his chair in the corner and leaning down, his face close to Jack's. Very close.

"Um...yeah," Jack said awkwardly, beginning to sweat. He could feel Mark's breath on his neck, could feel Mark's heart beating in time with his. He blushed, hoping Mark wouldn't see how rosy his cheeks were. He didn't want Mark or himself to feel even more awkward.

"You alright?" Mark asked, his tone suddenly serious. Jack gulped and quickly nodded, his eyes frantically looking away as Mark moved to the side of him to stare at his face. Mark's lips brushed against his cheeks in what seemed to be an accidental way as he raised back up, Jack's face flushing.

"I ought to go, but I'll see you at school tomorrow," Mark smirked, and Jack watched closely as Mark left his room and shut the door behind him. Jack sighed, letting his tense posture slide down in the chair as he stared at the dress that was still in his lap.

What will people think of me? Jack worried, What will Mark think of me?

~~~

"Mark Fiscbach?"

"Here," Mark muttered, just loud enough for his teacher to hear. He looked around nervously, his eyes darting from the bored students to Jack's empty desk beside him. Where was he?

Maybe he's just sick, thought Mark as other students halfheartedly murmured words whenever the teacher called their name for roll call.

Or, maybe he's just embarrassed about the dress thing. Yeah, let's go with that.

The truth was, Mark thought that Jack not coming to school was a sign that he'd taken it too far yesterday. But, it had been slowly killing him being so close to Jack, yet seeming so far away. He had originally decided to go in for a kiss, but had wimped out at the last second, making it seem like an awkward accident. He hoped Jack took it that way.

"Mark, are you paying attention?"

Mark had been zoning out in his thoughts as the teacher had finished calling student's names and now glared at him over her glasses, one hand still pointing towards the words she'd written on the board.

"Yes," lied Mark quickly, his face flushing red as he felt his student's eyes boring into him from all sides.