Chapter 9

Shock engulf Mystic until it almost made her quake. "It is" was the only words she muttered as she stared blankly at the page "Why's it there? What does that mean?"

"I'm not sure, but it's pro-" the sound of knocking echoed in the entire room, making it sound empty. "Mys?" Sam said as shuffling was heard from outside the door. "Yeah?" Mystic replied as she joined Ana in shoving books under her bed, beneath her dresser and other places where they couldn't be seen.

"Come in" Mystic said and pulled her laptop onto her lap, so they wouldn't look that suspicious. "There's pizza on the counter, I wasn't really in the mood to cook dinner, Hey Ana"

Mystic returned with a smile and a slight nod, "Um, Sam can Ana stay over? We have a school project to finish and it is Friday" Mystic said, looking from Ana to Sam in glances. "Uh yeah sure" Sam said and shrugged her shoulders before leaving the room and shutting the door behind her.

"Spend the night?!" Ana whisper-shouted and hit Mystic's arm. "Yes you have to" Mystic whisper-shouted back at her, "now get that damn voodoo book back"

Ana pulled the book out from under the bed and opened it to that one specific page. "Does it say why it's in there?" Mystic ask holding the two pendants tightly in her hand. "No, but-wait, there's more?" Ana questioned not directly talking to Mystic, more to herself but she spoke loud enough for Mystic to hear.

"What?" Mystic said and moved closer to look into the book. Ana flipped between pages, each page had more and more crystals, which looked just like that ones between Mystic's fingers. "Do you only have two?" Ana said and looked up at Mystic. Mystic didn't reply with words, instead she stood up and made her way to her dresser.

she pulled a draw open and took out a small navy blue chest. Mystic took a place on the bed and Ana soon joined her. Mystic faced Ana and slowly opened the box, "Woah" Ana said, "how long did you gave these?"

"Since I was 14, my mom gave it to me on my birthday, never really thought much of it, I only started wearing them when- well"

"Oh..I get it Mys, can I um..." Ana said, guesturing to the box. "Yeah..sure" Mystic said and placed the box on the bed, shakily. Without another word, Ana reached into the box and held up a gold sandstone crystal, she furrowed her eyebrows and closed her eyes. "Is something wrong?" Mystic asked following the expression of the girl.

"I just I um.." Ana muttered and reached with her free hand to touch the actual crystal and not just the mental link. When her skin made contact with the crystal, Ana shut her eyes. "An?" Mystic said leaning slightly to see Ana's face. Ana reopened her eyes and one word was said "Fire"

Mystic looked at the girl with a confused expression, "Fire? What'd you mean fire?" "That's what the crystal is used for, it's an elemental crystal" Ana returned. "How'd you know that?" Mystic said and squeezed hard on the crystals in ger palm. "I saw it, like how I can read auras? I felt the power in it" Ana said calmly.

Mystic sat on the bed, intrigued for some reason, she, herself didn't know, "And the rest?" Ana slowly scattered the crystals on the bed as she used her hand to spread them out. She picked up a a blue and white crystal and held it tightly in her palm, "it's blue spotted jasper, clouds..it's to control the weather I think". Next she grabbed a cloudy green crystal, "green amazonite, flora, nature, plants, mostly likely this one is to aid witches as they're servants of nature". She took a blue crystal with black cracks on it, "blue turquoise, it's water, another element crystal". The next crystal was translucent white, "rose quarts, it's used to enhance with powers". Next was a black crystal with blue specks, "blue sandstone, werewolf powers are granted even in human form, only for werewolves of course". After she took a clear crystal with little plant leaves and stems frozen into it,"I'm not sure what kind of crystal it's made of, but inside the little plants are vervain, it protects humans from the compulsion of vampires". There was one left on the bed, a totally black crystal, as Ana's skin made contact with it, she jolted back, pictures flashed through her mind way to fast for her to cope, "Ana, you okay?"  Mystic said, looking concerned, "yeah, that was just..alot" Ana quickly gathered herself and picked up the crystal, "O-obsidian, it's for witches, they can use black magic and have not have to deal with consequences from the ancestors"

"A-and these?" Mystic said holding the two that hung around her neck. Ana moved closer to Mystic and held the white opaque crystal in her hand, "Moonstone, it protects werewolves from the curse, keeps them from turning on a full moon" after saying what needed to be said, she drop the white and quickly grabbed the translucent crystal, "opalite, grants the user the power to kill any supernatural being" Ana said and breathed out.

"Why would my mother give me a moonstone? For werewolves?" She asked, more speaking to herself, thank Ana. "Mystic" Ana said and looked at her, "when I touched you in the car, I saw a wolf.." She said with widened eyes.

"What does that mean?" Mystic said confused, worried and shocked all at once. Ana's face swept with realization, she dug through different books until she found one with ancient scribbles and wolf/dog drawings on the front

Ana mumbled the writing on the pages to herself, until her eyes widened and she pulled her head back a bit, "what? What is it?" Mystic asked anxiously, "maybe you are a werewolf...but you just haven't triggered the curse yet"

"Curse?! What curse?! Ana you're scaring me, what's going on?" Mystic said and stood up, "the werewolf curse, it runs through lineage though, which means, one of your parents had to be a werewolf, if not both"

"What else did you see Ana? When you touched me?" She asked and slowly backed away. "Black smoke, green eyes, a black cat, everything else was kinda a blur" Ana said and shook her head, trying to remember. "Ana...can I avoid triggering the curse?" Mystic whispered, "most werewolves can't because of there anger issues but you can try" "how do you trigger the curse?.." Mystic asked, scared of the answer.

Ana's eyes dropped, "you have to kill someone.." Her eyes widened, "WHAT?!" I shouted, "it's not that shocking Mys, if you think about your anger issues and how out of control you get, it's not impossible"

~~~~
Hi, I'm not dead
Hope you enjoyed ~