The Way

Posted originally on the Archive of Our Own at http://archiveofourown.org/works/529511.

Rating:Teen And Up AudiencesArchive Warning:Choose Not To Use Archive Warnings, No Archive Warnings ApplyCategory:GenFandom:NCISCharacter:Timothy McGee, Sarah McGee, Team NCIS, Leon Vance, Tom MorrowAdditional Tags:Science Fiction & Fantasy, AngstStats:Published: 2012-10-05 Chapters: 15/15 Words: 19012The Way

by CALLEN37

Summary

Sarah is kidnapped and all Tim and Sarah's secrets are revealed. Will Tim be able to have a normal life afterwards? This is an AU fic.

Chapter 1

Five years ago,

"Strike force command, this is Red leader one do we have a go for insertion." A voice came over Tim's ear piece.

"Affirmative, we have a go, repeat we have a go." Tim said and stopped as a noise from his door disturbed him,

"Hang on," Tim said and got up. He opened the door to find Agents Tony DiNozzo and Kate Todd trying to pick the lock on his door.

'Damn, I forgot that was today.' Tim thought to himself, it was his first full day at NCIS and both agents had offered him a ride in.

He left the computer screen running not wanting to draw attention to it although both the other agents had spotted it and DiNozzo grinned, 'Geek probie playing computer games' he laughed to himself promising to store it up for future teasing use.

"Just getting my weapon," Tim said and headed into the bedroom and closed the door, he quietly knocked on the bathroom door. "Sarah?" he whispered

"Who's out there?" Sarah asked realizing Tim didn't want her overheard.

"Just Tony and Kate from my new job. Listen Sarah, Dave's still running the Op in Guatemala. Can you take over for me, I can't blow my cover."

Sarah smiled at her brother, "Sure I'll probably do a better job anyway."

Tim rolled his eyes, "Just wait till I'm gone, I haven't told them about you and we can't afford the down time to answer questions."

"Good luck." Sarah said and shut the bathroom door as Tim left the bedroom.

Tim grabbed the last of his stuff and walked out of the door ushering Tony and Kate in front of him.

Sarah heard the door go. "Tim?" She called to make sure he was gone.

She sat at the desk and heard Dave's voice over the earpiece, "Marvel Denali ….?"

She placed it in her ear, "This is Aqua Luna…Requesting Status report."

Present day.

Tim came in early and switched on his computer, he loved this time of the day when no one, with the exception of his boss was in.

It was a time where he could go through his emails pick out what was important and what was classified without anyone looking over his shoulder, on those rare occasions Gibbs was looking over his shoulder he really didn't know enough about computers to know what he was seeing, so Tim never worried about that.

They had been on cold cases for a week which gave Tim a chance to relax as he hadn't been able to write for a week as he had been working his 'other job' with Sarah for the past month and it was now getting to a crucial stage. So sleep was becoming a rarity.

Tim dozed off at his computer screen the next thing he knew he was awoken by the smell of coffee being put beside him.

"Tim. You okay?" Gibbs asked his youngest team member as he gently put the coffee on his desk. He had noticed the dark circles that had gotten heavier over the last few weeks, but his work hadn't suffered and Tim hadn't come to him with a problem so he'd left it. But walking in today and seeing him asleep at his desk even though it was early gave his gut cause for concern. So he figured he'd buy him a coffee and use it as an excuse to get Tim to talk to him.