1# The girl on the beach

Prologue

It was night. Around eleven o'clock by the beach. The sea was pitch black and just a slight movement of it could be captured if you looked with attention. Near the water, a couple carrying a baby whispered to each other.

"Now that time has come, I don't want to let you go." He said.

The woman gave her baby a smooching kiss before giving it up to him.

"I will come back. Don't say it like it's a farewell" She said.

"Sigh. You are right. I will wait for you! No matter how much the time passes."

The tears rolled down her face one last time, their last kiss before the separation. There was nothing more they could do. The woman turned her back from her husband and child and disappeared into the depths of the ocean.

Chapter one

Lucia Nanami and the others mermaid princesses had no longer enemies, they could finally live like humans do. And the most important thing is that they could love like the humans too. Coco, Noel, and Karen went back to their kingdoms. Seira, Rina, and Hanon stayed with Lucia at the Hotel Pearl. It was a normal day for them, Hanon went out with Nagisa, Masahiro took Rina for a ride and Seira was in the park with Hippo. Kaito and Lucia were enjoying their time alone at the beach. Today he wasn't surfing as usual despite the weather. The two of them were walking and talking about their next date. But to ruin it all, the sky suddenly changed. Their sunny day was drastically twisted by a terrible storm that took place in seconds. The sand was blown by the strong wind, almost getting into their eyes.

"What is happening?" Lucia screamed, covering her face with her arms.

"Careful, Lucia!"

Kaito covered Lucia with his shirt and brought her close to him. This wasn't a normal storm, a tornado was forming into the sea and coming over. They were terrified, looking at that thing trying to reach the beach. The only thing they could do was run to the hotel.

"STOP!" Kaito pulled Lucia, that was a bit ahead of him, in the right moment before a great wave could strike her.

The sea was angry. Lucia would be dragged by it if wasn't for Kaito. He held her hand and they ran until Lucia suddenly stopped, holding Kaito back.

"Wait!" She had to scream to be heard with all the noise.

"What is it? We gotta go!"

"There is a child there!"

She pointed to a small body she saw, laid on the sand near the water. They ran to it. The child was a little girl, soaking wet. The girl has short dark blond hair and was wearing a white simple dress, no shoes. She was unconscious. Kaito took her in his arms and approached his face from hers.

"She is breathing." He said.

"Thank God! Let's take her to the hotel!"

As they approached the hotel, the storm seems that were slowing a bit already. They passed through the door in a hurry. Madame Taki was sitting on the dining table looking at her crystal ball, Hippo besides her and Seira was sitting there too. Rina was walking in circles talking on the phone.

"There they are!" Rina said to Hanon in the phone, soon the couple passed by the door.

Nikora came flying to the entrance and hugged Lucia tightly.

"Thank God! Are you two okay?" She said.

"We are alright, but we found this child by the beach in the middle of the storm, she might be hurt."