Welcome to L.A.

The hot summer sun was beating down hard as I stepped outside the LA airport. I set my bags against the side of the building and sat down on one of them. It hasn’t even been a minute, but I was already sweating profusely. I took out my phone to check the time, 10:33am. I looked around to see if he was here yet, but there was no sign of him. So I pulled up his contact and called him. He answered after 3 rings.

“Hello?” He sounded distracted.

“Forget about me did you?” I said, teasingly.

“What? Who is this?”

“Um, your sister? Where are you?”

“Oh, Sierra, sorry. I’m at home, what’s up?”

“I can’t believe you forgot about me!”

“What are you talking about?”

“2 words, summer visit. Ring any bells?”

“Oh shit, I’m so sorry! Are you here yet?”

“Yes, my plane landed half an hour ago.”

“Right, so sorry. I’m on my way; I’ll be there in 10. Love you, bye!” He hung up.

I can’t believe my own brother forgot about me. Figures, since he has quite the busy schedule. I’m Sierra Espinosa, sister of only the most famous teenage heartthrob Matthew Espinosa. I haven’t seen him in 3 years, I’ve missed him terribly.

3 years ago, the day after he graduated, he packed up his bags to move out here to LA to fulfill his dream of becoming an actor, which he did after only a month. He landed a roll in a huge movie deal, 7 movies in total, but only 2 are currently out, and the third is coming out soon. They’re based off a book series and he’s between movies, so he invited me to spend the summer with him. It’s been hard without him, but I just can’t wait to see him.

I’ll be spending the summer with him and all his old friends he brought with him to L.A. 3 years ago; Nash and Hayes Grier, Cameron Dallas, Aaron Carpenter, Shawn Mendes, Taylor Caniff, Brent Rivera, Jake Foushee, and Carter Reynolds. It’d been forever since I’ve seen any of them, so it was great to finally see them, especially my brother.

I was checking my phone when I felt the presence of someone standing over me. I looked up to see a very familiar face staring down at me.

“Cameron, is that you?” I asked standing up.

“Yup, same old me.” He smiled as I gave him the biggest hug ever.

“It’s been far too long."

“Indeed it has.”

“Where’s my brother? I thought he was picking me up?” I asked as me and him carried my 5 bags to his car and put them in the trunk. I sat down in the passenger seat as he started the car.

“No, sorry babe. He was super busy.”

“Doing what?”

“Preparing for his party tonight.”

“Party, what party?”

“He didn’t tell you?”

“No, he did. That’s why I asked.” I said sarcastically.

“I see you haven’t changed a bit.”

“Nope, now what party?”

“This will be your brother’s third annual summer blowout party. He’s thrown one every year since the big release of his first movie. Speaking of his movie-”

I cut him off before he could finish. “You mean to say, I’m going to a real Hollywood party?” I squealed.

“Yes, now about your brother’s movie, the premier for his third one is next week, you’re going, right?”