Washed and Buried

Forever seemed like a long time, bit it wasn't enough. People always told me that on the most dismal days to be happy, and that's what I did. You don't need the sun to have fun, you need happy thoughts. That's what mom used to tell me. Now, I don't know where I am. When I opened my eyes after a sudden nap, I saw white. But it wasn't snow, it was... Soft. To my left was a little girl. To my right was a man I only saw in my dreams. The dreams where I dreamt of death. This man was God.

"Father! She has awaken!"

Father? God doesn't have anny daughters. Maybe she called him that because that's what we are to call him in church.

"I can see that Illyanna. Go get Charter and the nurses so we can patch her up. That open wound looks painful."

The little girl took off. God gently touched his index and middle finger to the center of my throat. When he pulled his fingers away, they were coated with red.

The first thing I thought to do was panick, but I didn't. My throat was bleeding, and I knew it. I only held my hand to my throat and tried to speak. No words came out.

"That is erratic. When you come to heaven, any physical should be restored and the memory refreshed. Tell me dear, do you remember anything from your past life?"

I thought for a little then did the yes/no nod and shoulder raise. The only thing I remember is my mother telling me to be happy. But nothing else. I don't even remember my name. What was my name? I think it started with an O.

God gently rested his hand on my shoulder, "We can worry about your name later. First comes your throat."

______________________

I am not sharing my religious thought in this story!!! You can believe what you want. Please njoy this unfinished (maybe) chapter!