Concocted

My family and I got home, and as usual, we all went to our own rooms. As soon as I stepped into my own room, I notice something unusual about it. The windows were all broken. I ran over to the window. My purple curtains on the floor and the glass shattered. My heart wanted to jump out of my mouth. I rushed to the door just as I heard my mother yelling back in the back bedroom. The same thing must have happened in her room too. Just as I was about to yell for my sister and brother in law to get my niece and get out of there, a man jumped through my window and started to take all of my stuff and threw it out the window. A million things went through my mind. Why the heck was he throwing everything out? My laptop, TV, speakers, everything went out the window and most likely broke on its way down. What good would that do him? The man with the crazy orange hair looked at me with his wild eyes; that sprung me into action. I ran out and slammed the door, just in time to see my sister holding the baby and running outside.

“Go,” I said, “You take the baby and the car. Go find help and call 911!”

We all ran out. My older sister and her husband got into my corvette and drove off with the baby her arms. At least they were safe. My mom, younger sister, and I started running down the street. Our neighborhood was quiet and everyone kept to their selves, so there was no one to help us. My heart was pounding in my ears as I ran. What were we going to do? I decided to run towards the police station just three blocks away. However by block one, we started slowing down because our legs started to hurt. That was a mistake because orange hair was catching up to us. There was no way that we were going to out run him. I told my mom and sister to keep going; maybe I could slow him down.

I started running towards him, and prayed to god he was as weak as his skinny build made him look. But before I could reach him, he started throwing mini grenades at me. I barely dodged two of them before I got to him. I kicked him in the crotch and made him fall to the ground in agony. I kicked him in the head and started running after my mom and sister. The adrenalin rush made me run faster and ignore my aching legs. Right before I caught up to them, I saw them stop in front of me. There was another man ahead of them, dressed in the same ragged clothes the other man was dressed in. He looked at me, and the crazy look in his eyes made my body cold. I didn’t know what to do. We were trapped. I hugged my sister and mom, and prayed to God that somebody would help us.

I heard cackling behind us and saw orange hair. He knew they got us. His gaze went to my sister and my heart stopped.

“No!” I said. They were not taking her. Crazy eyes also started stepping closer. In less than fifteen feet they would have us.

I hugged my sister and whispered in her ear, “When I say; run.”

Orange hair got to us first. He lunged for my sister.

She screamed.

He laughed.

My mom ran.

I jumped on him.

Crazy eyes pulled my hair and I fell to the ground.

“Don’t take her, “I said weakly with tears in my eyes. It hurt my heart to think of what they’d do to my innocent sister.

I looked over to her and saw orange hair on top of her.

She screamed.

He laughed.

I cried.

I woke up.