Chapter 1 - The Occurence of It

The truth stared in my face. Openly, blankly. Brutally even.

That I was a cheating, scheming, overwrought mess.

The bottle of rum in my hand, I put my head between my thighs. Rarely did I drink, but when I did, I did. I never cried. But today? Today the streams of tears couldn't stop rolling down my face. My hands reached for my face and I.... I slapped myself. I slapped myself hard. I slapped myself twice. Thrice. And then? I lost count.

                                                             ******************

His hand reached for the phone in his coudroy pants. His fingers effortlessly dialled the number they had punched in innumerable times. The grip on his luggage tightening, he put the phone to his ear.She picked up on one ring. She always did.

"The love of my life, speaking?"

"For centuries and beyond," she breathed. He could picture her smiling, dimples et al.

"Sorry to have rung in at such an unearthly hour, Dannie." He pouted. "I was just wondering if you could pick me up?"

"Would I have ever refused?" She chided, playfully.

"Terminal 4 it is. Run along!"

"On my way!"

She drove at breakneck speed. The road to Heathrows was not jammed, an uncanny event, but then again it was 4 am on a Sunday morning. It was funny how they redifined the phrase, to such an utter extent. 

He stood in a scanty crowd, his eyes screening the arrivals. The moment he saw her, the twinkle in his eyes restored, he smiled. He smiled the smile she had died to witness over the past month.

"Oh, my baby," she breathed into his neck as she flung herself into his arms. He smelt of security, he smelt of familiarity. He smelt of love. "You have no idea how much my heart ached for you, Az."

"And you probably cannot even fathom the pain mine endured," he said, his lips exploring her cheeks, her neck, finally ending up on her lips.

"You've already given me a forever, Azman Merchant. And I cannot even begin to imagine the extent of the endless possibility of our forever."

"I promise to you, Diana Scott, that this forever will last forever. Honest-to-God, I will make it last forever."

 AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hi, everyone! This is my first story on Wattpad, and something I've been pondering over for long. So, any feedback is appreciated! I take criticism pretty well. And oh, also, I obviously suck at making covers, so anyone who could lend me a helping hand with that? Contact me!