Looney Toons: The Lost Episode

I used to watch Looney Toons all the time as a child. I loved watching Daffy argue with Bugs about which hunting season it was. Bugs Bunny usually won. He was very good at outsmarting every opponent he came across. Sylvester was funny too when he tried to eat Tweety. Now I was in my 20's and a proud employee of the Warner Bros. Company. By now I've seen every episode of the original Looney Toons.  Suddenly I found out the original Looney Toons was being canceled. We were starting work on a newer rendition called the Looney Toons Show. The animation was going to be a completely new style. I read over the notes for the new show. My job in the department was to check over the characters. Some of them seemed pretty accurate to the show. When I saw the profile for Lola Bunny, I was ecstatic. They were finally introducing Lola! When I first saw Space Jam, I fell in love with her character. I was starting to think that I would like the show. Then I read her personality...I was far from pleased. Basically Lola was gonna be an idiotic girly girl. A rich girl. Classic stereotype. I quickly put it down. I read enough. I went to the back room to watch some of the classic Looney Toons. Even if I've already seen them all, I never got tired of watching. I was browsing the shelves when a lone tin caught my eye. It was sitting on the bottom shelf, marked with red tape. All the other tins were marked with white tape. The red tape had been marked with an X in black marker. Maybe this was a canceled episode? I should've been suspicious, but the thought of an episode I've never seen excited me too much. I pulled the film out and set it up. I sat down in a nearby seat to watch this "lost episode".

The logo came up for Warner Bros. , and then the episode started. Bugs Bunny was down in his hole, sitting in his armchair. He looked like he was tired. He had dark rings under his eyes, and his ears drooped. That was weird... Usually he was in great shape. A knock from above caught his attention. I watched as he dragged himself out of his chair. The next scene showed Bugs coming out to the surface, just to come face to face with Elmer Fudd's rifle.

"Alright Wabbit...This time I'm gonna make you into a fur wug for my house!"

"You know Elmer, we've been fighting for years...These cartoons are all the same! I can't take it anymore! Things have to change pal..."

"They're gonna change alright, Wabbit. This will be the last cartoon you ever star in!" Okay something was wrong. Did Bugs and Elmer just reference the actual cartoons? They broke the fourth wall! I tried telling myself it was nothing. I watched as Bugs grabbed the gun. I swear something shifted in his eyes. I suddenly had a feeling of dread. Elmer looked shocked as Bugs took the rifle and flipped it. Now the gun was aimed at Elmer! I've hardly ever seen Bugs pull a gun on anyone before. His usually black eyes turned red. My heart stopped as he...smiled...Before I could look away, the rabbit had pulled the trigger. I expected Elmer's face to just turn black, like it usually does when Bugs plugs the rifle with his fingers. What I saw made my stomach churn. Bile rose up my throat, spewing everywhere as Elmer's head was blown to bits. Not just in the cheesy cartoon way either. I'm talking realistic bursts of blood as the pieces of his skull mixed with his brain, staining the dirt in gore. Bugs didn't care that his coat was stained with the warm, fresh blood. My body trembled. Bugs Bunny, the once lovable, sneaky rabbit just murdered Elmer Fudd.

"Now I understand, Doc. Hunting IS fun!" I almost didn't notice Bugs walked off. That is, until I heard a familiar quack. He was gonna go after Daffy!

Daffy greeted Bugs, but then he actually froze. Something was very wrong with his friend. Tears filled my eyes.

"Daffy! RUN! He's a gonna kill you!!" I shouted at the screen. To my utter shock, Daffy looked at me. Not facing the camera, but actually looking at me...I felt his confused, frightened eyes bore into mine. This went beyond breaking the fourth wall...This was breaking science and logic. Chills ran down my spine as Bugs glared at me. He bared his teeth in a snarl. Then, the snarl turned into a grin. That grin turned my blood into ice. Daffy started to run, but Bugs swung the rifle into his head with a loud clang, causing the duck to fall to the ground.

"Hey Daffy, do you know what season it Is?" Daffy looked up, clearly disoriented. Blood dripped from the back of his head.

"R-r-rabbit season..?" The answer made Bugs laugh. A horrible, sadistic, twisted laugh.

"Nope! It's DUCK season!" I cried out for Daffy as the evil rabbit brought the rifle down on Daffy's head. With each strike, the duck became less and less recognizable as more and more of his head was smashed in. Blood splattered the gun, dirt and Bugs as poor Daffy's skull was reduced to nothing but a beaten, broken, gory pulp. I threw up again when I saw Brain matter crushed to bits, mixing in with the shattered skull and the blood. Bugs seemed pleased with himself. When he looked at me, I sobbed. Red eyes stared deeply into mine, filling me with terror.

"So Meg...Do YOU know what season it is?"