Prologue

In a world where hope is gone and despair is king suddenly shines a bright star. An angel as bright as Venus appeared before everyone, broadcasted on every channels. No words from his mouth, just the agonizing silence of all citizens of the earth. After what seemed an eternity, he finally spoke in a strong, powerful voice, resonating in everyone's head.

 - Heaven is displeased by everyone's apostasy. Pitiful humans for a pitiful planet, so high on their ego. Humans in the near future will lead themselves in their own pathetic destruction, so Heaven as decided to grant the inhabitants of the earth a chance to redeem themselves, to attain salvation.

Everyone's attention was on the angel's motionless lips. It was the night, yet the sky was painted white, filled with auroras. No one was moving, as if they were hypnotized.

 - Wielders of powers will be born soon across the globe, twelve babies of immense powers. If you can kill them all, humanity shall rise into Heaven's esteem. A simple game to entertain god and fire up this monotone society. A game to us, a threat to you.

Light coated the Earth's surface for a few seconds. All around the globe, everyone got out of their trance with the majority having one goal in mind: murder the wielder of powers, those who would later on live through hell in a world broken by a selfish god.

Thunder roared, illuminating the sky with a radiant, but brief, show of light. The angel yelled in everyone's mind.

- Now, may the game start!

________________________________________

16 Years have passed after that faithful encounter with god. Humanity gave tears and soul to the almighty, agonizingly waiting for the inevitable to happen. So far, nothing had really changed. Crime rates were slowly going up over the years. Mafia was reigning almost everywhere, taking advantage of the poor to enrich themselves.

Devon James, dark brown hair and grey-blue eyes is a Canadian artist known of the web, but also one of the twelve wielders. His mom discovered it 2 years ago, after Devon fought with his brother. Devon was angry at his sibling and was screaming at him for stealing his belongings. His mom was about to open the door when it suddenly opened on its own in a huge BANG and she almost fell down from the mysterious powerful wind in the room rushing out. She rushed in to find a panicked Devon and his injured brother, stuck behind most of the furniture that flew onto him, probably during the fight. She called an ambulance but it was too late, Devon's brother had succumbed to his wounds.

Two years later, Devon and his mother are living together in a cheap apartment in Montreal. It's not downtown, but it's close enough. Devon doesn't really have friends besides his childhood friend Tyler, a ripped short haired green-eyed model. He mostly stays in his corner during school, drawing anime and anthropomorphic animals, if he's not following Tyler around.

One faithful day, Devon was on his way home from school. Like everyday, he was following Tyler on his way home. They stopped at his place, played video games and ate dinner at a small restaurant close to Devon's place, one street further away. Though on the news was something Devon was the least hoping would happen.

On the news, the main title "The Game has begun" catched his attention. In the news, the army was taking assault against what seemed to be a very agile young adolescent, fire and explosions coming off of his palms, as he was using the smokescreens to kill the soldiers one by one. Devon had a very scared look on his face. Tyler noticing that, Took Devon's hand. 

 - He'll be ok Dev. Don't worry. He can handle them I'm sure.

 - Ty.. Why telling me this? How are you so sure? You know everyone wants the wielders' death to bring world peace...

Tyler put the money on the table and left, holding Devon's hand firmly after telling him that he had to show him something. Tyler felt like he could trust Devon, just by the look his friend had in his face after seeing the fight.

They went back to Tyler's place, where Tyler made Devon sit down. Tyler made his friend promise to never tell anyone what he would see, and Devon blushed, nodding his head, very concerned about what Tyler would show him. Tyler went to the kitchen and grabbed an apple. He showed it to Devon and he was about to pick it when it suddenly exploded in his hand, jumping in surprise.

 - WHAT THE FUCK TYLER?! What is this?!, he screams, scared.

 - I'm actually a wielder myself... I can make things explode simply by touching them. I know I can trust you, as you're my friend and...

He couldn't finish as Devon teared up and jumped in his arms. He felt less alone, for once in his life. Devon tried to tell Tyler that he was a wielder too, but words wouldn't come out. He just cried. Tyler hugged him and told him about a group he had made in a private server. He had already found 4 wielders and became friends with them. They wanted a world where they didn't have to fight. They knew that this selfish god couldn't do anything about human's true nature, and war would soon break out after, returning to earth's old state of mind. That person was one of fourth. They called themselves the five. They had made a pact, in which they would all find a way to bring true peace without the help of "God of Death", as they renamed him.

Tyler was about to message his attacked friend, having confidence in his ability to survive, if he was OK, when he suddenly received a messaged from him reading: "Traitor in the group, run away while you can"

Someone had committed treason. He messaged his mom about the situation, saying goodbyes. If his location has been leaked, then his was also. Devon, not wanting to let his friend alone did the same to his mom. Together, the two are on the run.

And this is where our story begins.

************************************************

Thanks for reading through all this! I know it might be poorly written, I tried writting this as fast as I could before losing my ideas. I will proofread it later, changing any sentences so they are better sounding and stuff! But I hope you like the story so far! I will not hide that I inspired myself from "Mirai Nikki", but I've put in my own twist. :3

The story does sound a little bit rushed though. I might add more paragraphs later on when I proof read. I will keep an update every time a part of the story as been proof read.

Thanks for reading and I hope you liked! Leave a comment if you have any suggestions before I proofread, I will take them in considerations :)

Have a nice day and keep on smiling ~ =3