The Start

Ring!! Ring!!Ring!! Was all you heard walking through a dark and very quiet sidewalk with no sound of any kind just the ringing. I began to walk towards the pay phone wondering why it would be ringing at such a late night. Looking around seeing if the call was for somebody out here in this big city we call New York. But as I continued to look it seemed that the call was not for any one in particular just a few people walking around after heading to clubs or a bar and know heading home (I hope at least) to safety. Just like I was suppose to being doing but instead I am here looking at a pay phone and wondering why is it ringing and at such a late time and why was there no one to answer it.  Looking around and debating with myself whether or not to answer it but you know what I thought what the heck YOLO!! Right you only live once well that’s whatever one says. RING!!! I jumped at the sound not knowing how I got so close to the phone and how my hand was near the phone to answer. All could hear was my heart rate increasing at an abnormal pace that I could hear and feel it trying to come out of chest. RING!! My shaky hand grabs a hold of the phone as I began to take shallow breaths and at last I pick up the phone and the ringing stops at once. My heartbeat does not stop trying to escape my body from me and at one point I held my breath and put the phone next to my ear. I had no idea why I was so afraid to answer a dang pay phone. It could just be someone calling the wrong number or even teenagers seeing who would answer the phone that's all it was, I kept thinking and telling myself as I answered.

“Hello”

But I was wrong. What I thought was a call of some teenagers turned out to be a call of life or death and what that other line held was nothing but destruction.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone Please let me know what you think of my story so please comment would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks :)