Chapter 1

This is just a bit of fluff because I think they deserved some fun and fluff after what I put them through in Under the Sunlight. Enjoy! 

 Cassandra and Jacob put their wedding plans in motion very soon after they got engaged. At first Cassandra had toyed with a very simple wedding in the Library itself, but both she and Jacob realized they had a few too many people dear to them that they couldn't bear to not have at their day. It was still a secret Library and without the cover of the Metropolitan Library, they just couldn't swing it.

Cassandra had been puzzling over the guest list one day, wondering if perhaps they could just have a private ceremony at the Library and tell their friends they eloped and just have a party later. But then she thought of her Great Aunt who had been thoroughly charmed by Jacob and Max, when Cassandra had brought them to visit soon after she and Jacob made their relationship official. Aunt Gertie had always dreamed dreams for Cassandra, even when she'd despaired of her own future. When the visit had ended, Gertie had whispered that her new dream for Cassandra was marriage and a family with that wonderful young man. Cassandra just couldn't get married without her dear aunt there.

So the Library just wouldn't do.

She sighed, her chin on her hand, when her fiancé entered the Library, whistling and carrying a tray with the coffee run on it.

"Hey sweetheart," he kissed her cheek. "I just saw something outside that gave me an idea."

"An idea about what?"

He grinned, "there's a wedding goin' on out there."

"Outside the door?" she laughed.

"Well in the park, why on Earth they're gettin' hitched at this time in the morning I have no idea. But what do you think? It's gorgeous out there, ya know? And you and I could spend a few minutes in here alone at some point. Best of both worlds. Jenkins probably knows who to talk to to set it up."

She beamed at him and clapped her hands. "Yes! We could have a tent! It would be like a blanket fort."

He laughed shaking his head at you. "You and that blanket fort idea."

"You said no to an actual one. But it's your fault, you proposed in one."

He didn't answer, just leaned over and kissed her.

--

It had taken a couple of months after that conversation to coordinate everything. The biggest problems had been coordinating flying out Cassandra's aunt and Jacob's sister. Getting dates that would work, especially for Jess, and that the park was available had been trickier than Jacob had anticipated. But finally a date was set and they all just crossed their fingers that magic would behave itself. Baird and Flynn had assured them that if the clippings book did go off that they would handle the problems themselves. Jacob and Cassandra both reminded themselves that Flynn took care of all of these things for ten years before them, but still they worried.

But today when all of the Librarians, their caretaker and their Guardian happened to all be in the same room together, Jacob had other things on his mind.

"Um Baird?" Jacob rose and walked over to her desk. She'd been seated behind it and Flynn was sitting on the corner of the desk. They both looked up expectantly as did Ezekiel and Jenkins. Cassandra put her book down, she knew what was going on.

"Yeah, Stone? Did your individual clippings book go off?"

"No, it's um about the wedding."

"Oh, okay?"