I thought i was loved

• Dedicated to Kitty

Prologue

"No!!"

He hits me. Then looks back at her.

"Daddy what did I do?!?!"

He hits me again.

I'm now on the floor sobbing, the man who I know as my father standing over me, he laughs cruelly at my pain, while stepping back to admire his work, and I just keep on weeping.

"P...pl...please...st...stop"

"Shut up!"

"I...I...I'm... s...sorry...d...daddy..." I stutter looking up at him with sadness in my eyes, silently pleading him to stop.

He just sneers. "I said shut up!!"

"Don't hurt her!!!" I say as confidently as I can, while crying.

He growls and punches me. Then I black out. But can still see her lifeless eyes in my mind.

And in the distance a baby cries.

---------------------------------

I wake up with tears running down my cheeks. The memories still fresh in my brain. My sheets are tangled around my legs, probably from thrashing so much during my dream, and I'm covered in sweat.

'Breathe Toni, you can do this, it was just a dream, breathe.'

I feel all gross so I trudge down the hall to the bathroom. As I remove my clothes I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I slowly look my body up and down counting every scar, burn, and cut, wishing that I didn't have to remember how I got them.

Thinking about my dad makes the tears start to flow down my face again. I step into the shower and let the hot water wash away the sweat and tears, imagining it were doing the same with my fears and memories.