The Truth about Lies (Hayes Grier)

PROLOGUE

*Carly's pov*

I knew it was supposed to storm but this was ridiculous. The thunder crackled and gave me shivers down my spine as I took a deep breath. I continued typing my essay for school.

A loud noise caught my attention. A gun shot. Before it even registered in my mind what could be happening another gun shot went off.

As a thirteen year old I was scared out of my mind. I threw my laptop to the side of my bed but I was frozen solid my hands shaking too badly to get up.

The fear inside me was so strong I couldn't barely breath.

I push myself to my feet and walk down the steps carefully down to where the gun shots where coming from. Almost tripping down the stairs in fright I hear nothing but unholy silence. Every single hair at the back of my neck must be standing straight up by now.

I peer my head around the wall to look in the living room. Then with a flash of lightning I saw them. My mom and my dad lying dead on the floor. My father still wearing his police uniform and my beautiful mother in a black skirt.

Not even noticing I fall to the floor in shock. 'This isn't real. This isn't real.' Is all my brain can process.

But it was.