Your Life Over Mine(JeanMarco)

The song Your Life Over Mine by Bribry is what inspired this fic. Go listen to it!

__________________________

Chapter 1: The meeting of a lifetime

It was cold. My eyes were heavy and the right side of my body was numb. There was a loud wail from somewhere in front of me. Someone was crying. It was him. He dropped to his knees and looked at me with absolute horror in his eyes.

"Marco don't do this to me...please! You'll make it I promise! Marco please!" He began to sob loudly, holding my left hand tightly. Everything faded to black.

I bolted upright in bed, sweating and panting in distress.

"Marco?" Came a frail voice from the other side of the room.

"It happened again didn't it?"

"I-I'm alright Armin. It....it was different this time..." Armin left his bed to come sit on mine.

"What happened?"

I replayed the scene in my head.

"I think I was dying. It was cold and dark and someone was crying and begging me to stay." Armin frowned.

"Was it him?"

I nodded.

"I keep dreaming about this guy. Every single time I see his face and his crazy two toned hair." I sighed and ran a hand through my short hair.

"I'm sorry it was so bad this time Marco."

I ruffled Armin's hair.

"It's alright. Thanks for checking on me Armin." He smiled and stood from my bed.

"Class starts soon. There's an exchange student coming today." I stood from bed and stretched a bit.

"Oh?"

"Yeah. Apparently he's from Trost High."

"Why is he coming to the academy if he went to public school?" Armin shrugged and began to undress and get ready for class.

We ate in silence other than a few chats about school and the upcoming Fall Ball.

"So are you taking Eren?" Armin blushed and practically choked on his toast.

"Marco!"

"You still haven't told him?!" I shook my head. "You have to tell him Armin."

"It's not that easy..."

I chuckled.

"The guy has known you all your life! There is no way he will hate you for your feelings OR abandon you. You and I both know that." Armin looked away nervously.

"Fine...ill ask him tomorrow after practice." I clapped a hand on his shoulder.

"It'll be alright Armin. I promise."

Shortly after we parted ways and went to first period. I had Anatomy with Dr. Hanji. She was a pretty cool teacher but was a bit...odd...at times.

Classes went by quick as always and soon enough I was heading to lunch with Eren, Armin, Mikasa, Sasha, and Connie.

"So Eren who are you taking to Fall Ball?" Connie asked.

"Im not really sure yet actually."

Armin pulled on Eren's sleeve.

"Um Eren you still have football practice tomorrow right?"

Eren smiled.

"Mmhmm! You'll be there right?" Armin smiled warmly.

"Of course."

Mikasa turned to me.

"So have you met the new student yet?" I shook my head.

"What's he like?" Mikasa thought for a second.

"He's tall but shorter than you. He's our age and is kind of a Jerk. He has this crazy two toned hair and a nice voice. His name is Jean Kirschtein." My heart beat loudly at the mention of 'crazy two toned hair'.

"O-Oh..."

"Actually he's right there. I asked him to sit with us so...." All of Mikasa's words became silent as I turned towards where she pointed.

It was him.

Oh my god it was him.

It couldn't be.

My heart pounded painfully against my chest. It was the guy I had been having dreams about for the past 3 years. I reached out and grabbed Armin's arm.

"Marco are you alright?" Armin asked worriedly.

"I-It's him Armin..."