Percabeth Fluff

Percy's POV 

     "Hey Annabeth, do you want to go in the woods and climb some trees?" Percy asked Annabeth, bored to the point of death. They were sitting in Cabin 3, both fiddling with nothing.

      "What?" Annabeth questioned. Annabeth looked at him like he had just dropped in from Jupiter.

     "Climbing. Trees. Now, I was thinking," Percy responded.

     "Fine," Annabeth sighed. "You better not fall out and die, well, because, umm..." She blushed.

     "I see. Let's boogie," Percy said.

***************************************************************************************************************************

     Percy packed his backpack, which consisted of some ropes, ambrosia squares and nectar (incase needed), water, and some Nature Valley granola bars. When finished, he walked outside his cabin, arm in arm with Annabeth. He whistled for Blackjack, his pegasus, and smiled when he saw a dark shape circling, and growing closer.

     Yo Boss!

     "Hey Blackjack. Would you mind giving me and Annabeth a ride into the woods?" Percy asked.

     Sure! Where to?

     "We'll let you know when we get there," Percy responded.

      Annabeth clambered up on his back, and Percy hopped on right behind her.

     They flew over the woods, until Percy spotted a big Banyan tree that looked good. "There," he pointed out to Blackjack. He gently set them down right under the canopy of branches.

     "Thanks Blackjack," Percy said.

     "Yeah thanks, " Annabeth chorused.

     No problem, Boss. Blackjack whinnied.

     They made their way to the big Banyan tree at the edge of the woods. It was hidden well, and took them fifteen minutes to get to the tree once in the park. Percy shouldered his backpack, which had some ropes, ambrosia and nectar (incase needed), water, and some Nature Valley granola bars.

     Percy suddenly had the gut feeling that something was going to go very wrong. He thrust his hand in his pocket and felt his fingers enclose around Riptide.

     Annabeth looked back at him, concerned. "You OK?"

     "Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go," Percy said, but he still couldn't shake the feeling that something was following them. "Ya know, I can't believe we've never seen this tree here, as big as it is."

      "Neither can I," Annabeth replied.

      When they got to the trunk of the tree, Percy said, "Put your foot in my hands, and I'll hoist you up." As he talked, his fingers interlocked, creating a foothold for Annabeth. She checked to see that her knife was strapped to her belt.

     "Thanks," she said, pulling herself up to where she could grab other branches.

     Once Annabeth was up, Percy jumped and caught the branch. He clambered up, following Annabeth. Percy couldn't help but admire how amazingly Annabeth could maneuver through the branches, almost like she was part monkey. They got to the top, and their heads poked up through the branches.

     "Wow!!! This is the best view of camp!!!" Annabeth exclaimed. "Percy, I can't believe I'm saying this, but you're a genius."

      "It's so nice that you finally recognise my smarts," Percy teased, leaning against a branch. Just for fun, he started shaking the branch.

     Harpy's POV

     There was a harpy living in the tree, but hadn't clawed anyone or anything because she wasn't sure about the newcomers. She watched patiently, but when the boy started shaking the branches, she got mad. She came out of her hiding place stealthily, making sure that the people could not see her. She waited for her opportunity, and lashed out in vengeance.

     Percy's POV

     He was having an amazing time with Annabeth, until he felt a pair of claws rip at his shoulders. He fell out of the tree, his back bleeding badly. He hit the ground with a KER-PLOP, and saw his backpack ten feet away. He looked up in distress, the wind knocked out of him. He could just make out the fuzzy image of Annabeth whipping out her knife, and giving the harpy a few good slashes and cuts. The harpy sped away, whimpering.

     "Just a sec, Percy! I'm coming!" Annabeth yelled as she receded back down. She made her way through the branches, and again Percy was awed by how easily she could swing around.

     She landed with a little thump next to Percy, and sprinted toward the backpack. She looked inside, and grabbed the ambrosia squares and nectar. She broke off a piece, and fed it to Percy, who took it gratefully.

     Immediately Percy started to feel better. He mustered up enough strength to sit up. "Genius idea, huh?"

    "Shut up, Percy," Annabeth said.

     "Thank you," Percy said. "C'mere." She laid down next to him. "I love you! You're my hero!" Percy teased.

     "True dat, Percy. Come on, let's get you to the Big House," Annabeth said.

Sorry, I'm trying to write pretty well and make it fluffy while also make sense... JJ owns nothing!!!