1.BURIED

Detective job wasn't as colourful as he expected.It wasn't about being another Sherlock,as Johan thought it was.

As a college dropout he did many odd jobs in the span of five years before he got the job in the agency.
He thought he could make use of his deductive skills which was outstanding according to his last girlfriend .

But all he did during the day was tailing some rich folks hoping he won't get caught or they won't end up calling the cops on him.
All he did was tail them and make detailed notes like what and when they did anything as per their schedule.
Most people wanted to tail their spouse to find out if they are meeting someone else. Some wanted further proof of cheating to solidify their divorce.
His job started at sunrise and ended at sunset or whenever the proof that he sought was obtained.
The only reason he still worked there was the attractive pay.
Johan didn't want to be out of cash in a world fueled by cash.
Today he was excited. Today was unlike other days where he was usually bored out of mind.
Looking through the rear view mirror he could see empty road stretching to distance expcept for some vehicles that were parked.

The car was parked adjacent to a diner.He was asked to be near the gas station which was around the corner.
As the car would stand out in the main road, he parked it near the diner.
His phone rang.

"Yeah am here by the gas station "

"Did u see the green car. It's some where near the station .Find it, follow it and get some lead"-

"Am on it "

"And keep your distance.He is not human "

As he turned the corner to the main highway he saw the dark green sedan moving away from the station.He checked the licence number to confirm that it was his target.
He changed the gear and started tailing the sedan at a lower speed so as to keep a reasonable distance .
The car was reported stolen a week back
The owners body was found two days later in an abandoned barn far north of the town.
The man had been beaten to death with a baseball bat.
This was noted as another work of the Torture Killer by the people and the media.
All his victims were made to go through a lot of suffering before being killed. probably while he watched them die slowly.
The agency was hired days back by one of the victims of the 'Torture Killer' as the media called him.
This time Johan was determined not to let him escape as he always did. People say he would vanish when spotted. This might be his breakthrough case.
Maybe he would become rich and famous enough to start his own agency after solving this case.He smiled at his own idea despite being tensed.

The green sedan slowly picked up speed and Johan followed.
Maybe he was aiming for the next town.Once the guy stops somewhere he would have to call the police after confirming his identity. He planned to take a picture of him as soon as he stepped out of the car.

Probably he would manage it alone, he hoped. He used to participate in boxing sport years ago ,but he wasn't well built anymore as he didnt excercise much these days. He shivered at the thought of the killer getting a hold of him.
Now he was nearing the next town .
Suddenly the green car took a right turn and moved close to a church on the right.

He didn't seem to be in a hurry. He was driving like someone on a road trip.

The green car turned left to a narrow road and Johan followed.
The unexpected turns made John's heart race.
Now he was nearing the green car.

After the next turn, he couldn't see the green car anymore.
Johan slowed the vehicle to a crawl and slowly moved .He looked around and noticed that almost the entire block comprised of old sawmills and abandoned warehouses.The perfect spot for a killer to attack his victims.